Your session timed out while posting. Please go back and try again.

Started by bharat, September 02, 2018, 11:22:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bharat

Some of our members got the same issue with particular browser, they can't even log in to the forum and get the following message: Your session is ended while you were writing a message. What can be the reason?

Kindred

Do not post "I have the same issue" in someone else's thread... especially one that is already marked as solved.

URL to your forum?
SMF version?
mods installed?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

bharat

I thought I can post in the similar topic instead of creating a new one. URL: http://www.forum.bharatconnect.net SMF version 2.0.15
Mods:   

PMXBlog   0.953     
Snow and Garland   
SMF Gallery Lite   6.0 
Join date and Location in Posts   
Happy Birthday   0.3     
Hide Topics from Guests   
Table Plus BBCodes   
SMF 2.0.2 Update   
Bookmarks   
Bookmarks RUS   0.2     
SMF 2.0.15 Update   
Post and PM Inline Attachments   
SimplePortal   2.3.6     
Project Snow 1.2   
Responsive Curve   
YandexGarland   
Member Awards   2.2.3 
SMF 1.1.20 / 2.0.9 Update   1.0 
SMF 2.0.13 Update   1.0     
Google Member Map   3.0.1     
Super Simple Thread Tags   1.2     
SMF 2.0.14 Update   
Karma Description Mod   
SMF Gallery Lite RUS   
SMF 2.0.4 Update   
Spam Blocker   
cbi 1.0   
6 Custom buttons / tabs with Sub Menus    
Country Flags   1.1.2     
SMF 1.1.19 / 2.0.6 Update   
SMF 1.1.21 / 2.0.10 Update   
Project Snow RUS   
SimplePortal - Russian   
SMF 2.0.5 Update   
Additional Polls      
Perfect Quotes   
Copy Topics   
Tidy Child Boards      

bharat

Thanks a lot, I read this already, I checked all these templates: index.template.php had already the closing </form> tag in the end but login.template.php doesn't have </form> in the end. Should I add it there as well?

Should it look like this: <input type="hidden" name="', $context['session_var'], '" value="', $context['session_id'], '" />
</form>';

Kindred

It depends on the template/theme.

However, I pretty much guarantee that your login.template.php file DOES have a closing form tag somewhere in it already, otherwise, you'd be having all sorts of other trouble.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

bharat

I am using default theme.

I checked the code which was mention in the link and noticed that in login.template.php have only this code <input type="hidden" name="', $context['session_var'], '" value="', $context['session_id'], '" /> without </form> in the end.

Sir Osis of Liver

There are 5 or 6 </form> tags in Login.template.php.  The session_var code is in three places.  This is not your problem.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

lurkalot

You could try updating Simpleportal to the latest version, I know 2.3.6 had this login problem which was fixed in 2.3.7

bharat

Please help me after I installed latest version of Simple Portal I got this error Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '*' in /home/bharatco/public_html/forum_prod/Sources/Subs.php on line 927

bharat

I had to backup forum because it didn't work, is there a safe way to upgrade to the new version of portal?

lurkalot

Quote from: bharat on September 04, 2018, 03:20:25 AM
I had to backup forum because it didn't work, is there a safe way to upgrade to the new version of portal?

As far as I'm aware its a case of uninstalling SP 2.3.6 first, and then installing SP 2.3.7

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

bharat

So there is no way to update SP to the last version? Do I need to uninstall 2.3.6 first and then install 2.3.7? Won't it cause the same problem like it happened earlier?

Gary

At first yes. But parse errors are relatively easy to fix so long as you provide us with the content of the stated line, plus ten lines above and below it.
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

Kindred

Also, remember - support for specific mods is provided in the topic dedicated to supporting that specific mod - not in the general support area.
Слaва
Украинi

bharat

Quote from: Gazmanafc on November 05, 2018, 10:26:08 AMAt first yes. But parse errors are relatively easy to fix so long as you provide us with the content of the stated line, plus ten lines above and below it.

I don't really want to loose all my forum again that's why want to be sure how to do it correctly.

bharat

Quote from: Kindred on November 05, 2018, 10:26:52 AM
Also, remember - support for specific mods is provided in the topic dedicated to supporting that specific mod - not in the general support area.

Yes, I tried it many times for a few mods but no one support some of them anymore.

Kindred

well, that's one of the risks you take when you install a mod.  We can not support mods as we have enough to do supporting the core product. That's why we tell everyone to go to the mod support thread.

However, in this case, your statement is pointless, since SimplePortal *IS* well supported.
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: