News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Trying SMF 1.1.15 but install.php says unable to detect MySQL support

Started by JasperHartline, September 04, 2018, 07:25:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasperHartline

Trying SMF 1.1.15 but install.php says unable to detect MySQL support in PHP.
Please see the screenshot attached to see the error:

Using PHP 7.0 and MySQL 5.5 and SMF 1.1.15

Kindred

First. 1.1.x does not support php7

Second, why are you trying to install 1.1.15? Not only is the 1.1.x branch at Enid of life and mostly unsupported, but that's not even the most recent version of 1.1.x
Install 2.0.15
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

landyvlad

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

Kindred

Well, you can't import a 1.1.x database into a 2.0.x installation...

And 1.1.x will not run on php7 at all.

So...  install 1.1.21 code, use php 5.6, run the 1.1.21 upgrade
THEN put the 2.0.15 code in and run the 2.0.15 upgrader
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Gary

Quote from: Kindred on September 04, 2018, 07:40:50 PM
run the 1.1.21 upgrade
This is an unnecessary step. Any version of SMF can be upgraded straight to 2.0.15, there's no need to upgrade to the newest 1.1 version first. In fact, the SMF upgrader is actually capable of upgrading from YaBB SE 1.5.5 even for 2.0.
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

Sir Osis of Liver

Sorry, no.  I've run into this several times.  Upgrading from early 1.1 must sometimes be done in steps with some php version juggling.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Gary

Sometimes, yes, depending on mods and server environment but that can happen on an upgrade to any version from any previous version.

However, more often than not, and I did a test upgrade from 1.1(.0) to verify, that the upgrader to 2.0.15 does in general work from any previous SMF version plus YaBB SE 1.5.5 without the need to upgrade to 1.1.21 first.
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

Kindred

Gary,

As noted, while it SHOULD be possible to go from 1.0.x to 2.0.x or 1.1x  to 2.0.x, there are times when updating doesn't work right but going to the uppermost release in the branch and then jumping to the new branch often solves the issue
Слaва
Украинi

Sir Osis of Liver

If everything worked like it should, we'd be living in a perfect world.  Doesn't look quite like that from here. :P

I've worked two or three forums that couldn't be upgraded on host server, had to export database to test install on my server, upgrade, then move it back.  Just did one a few days ago.  Some servers are so poorly configured, it's surprising anything will run on them.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: