Allowing subscription to forum newsletter with only an email

Started by brianjw, September 06, 2018, 10:17:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brianjw

I don't want to change the way registrations are done. It makes sense to require a username, password, email address for forum posters. What I would like to do is allow people to subscribe to the SMF newsletter with just an email address. This would basically create a ghost account in SMF. If they ever wanted to create a password for it, they could do so somehow and convert to a full forum account. Otherwise, they would only be on the recipient list for periodic newsletters.

Please let me know if I'm missing a mod or something somewhere that does this. This is important for email marketing that I would like to be uniform to members and non-members alike.

Thanks!

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

brianjw

Quote from: vbgamer45 on September 06, 2018, 10:45:32 PM
I have a signup form built into Newsletter Pro a paid addon https://www.smfhacks.com/newsletter-pro.php
Awesome! Does the form create a forum account of sorts, or is it a separately maintained list from the forum? Interested in knowing more. Thanks.

vbgamer45

It would be a separately maintained list.
Basic you can build signup forms have it pointed to a created list such as subscribers.
Then when sending a newsletter you can select a list or your existing membergroups to send out a newsletter
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

brianjw

Awesome, works for me. Will be looking into this further within the next week. Thanks.

Advertisement: