News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

How does SMF know when the same person just registered?

Started by Biology Forums, September 07, 2018, 12:12:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biology Forums

I'd assume it's recorded in the online_log as a session, but where do I find the code that gives the error?

mattizzy

Do you mean how to know when the same user registers two account???
I am only an SMF Addict. I think I took overdose.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

njtweb

Quote from: mattizzy on September 07, 2018, 03:03:20 PM
Do you mean how to know when the same user registers two account???

He's trying to figure out what code is being used to determine a person has registered twice or is trying to register twice with the same IP.

Kindred

njtweb - no, that's what he ASKED FOR.

What am asking is what is he actually trying to ACCOMPLISH
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Biology Forums

Quote from: Kindred on September 07, 2018, 04:37:50 PM
njtweb - no, that's what he ASKED FOR.

What am asking is what is he actually trying to ACCOMPLISH

Relax dude, it's exactly what I asked for. It doesn't matter what I'm trying to accomplish, that's none of your business to be honest.

Question is simple, how does SMF know when the same person just registered?

I figured it out, so you don't have to jump into a frenzy.

Kindred

I am not in a frenzy...

And I know that's what you asked for...

And yes, what your actual goal is is important to the question to get the right answer...  quite often, especially with admins who have a little bit of knowledge, you assume a way to do things which is likely not the best way to accomplish the actual goal. By discovering what the actual goal is, we can provide the best option for actually doing it, regardless of what the assumption was.
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: