Host upgraded to PHP7, SMF 2.0.12 returns Error 500

Started by southern bronco, September 09, 2018, 02:13:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southern bronco

Our site was running fine on SMH 2.0.12. My bad being lazy and not installing updates, but then last month the site owner got an email from Hosting Matters about server upgrades to PHP7 due on Saturday and didn't let me know.

After the server upgrade our site returns Error 500 so I can't access anything on the site.

This was the message from HM support: When was the last time you updated your forum application? The errors in the logs show it is using mysql_connect to connect to the database, but that is no longer supported in PHP 7.

I installed a dummy version of 2.0.15 and it seems to work fine on the server upgrade to PHP7. Is there any way for me to do a clean install of 2.0.15 and insert the 2.0.12 database backups even though mysql_connect is no longer supported?

Thanks!

vbgamer45

If you have no mods and you can grab the large install package from the SMF site for SMF 2.0.15 and upload that over the files.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

southern bronco

There are several MODs. I'm not worried about losing them, but will a large install choke on MOD remnants?

Gary

No, it'd just be a matter of having to reinstall them.

Though of course, it should go without saying that vbgamer actually meant to say "large upgrade" for clarification.

Also, back your data up, just in case.
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

Advertisement: