News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Global Moderator Right issue

Started by vostro1400, September 09, 2018, 03:51:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vostro1400

Bug on SMF 2.1 Beta 3&4 - Global Moderator's right issues:

== When Global Moderators are given Right to Create Categories. After creation of any category(by Global Moderator) it only appears in Admin's Panel. Global Moderator will also see such category or add board ONLY after admin might have added one board in that category.

These are the steps to reproduce this Bug
Assigned Global Moderators right to create Categories and board.
1) they can create Categories but once they click "Add category" it won't appear in Manage Boards and Categories in Global Moderator's panel.
- They can see the categories created by Admin, they can add board but the categories they created aren't appearing on their Manage Boards and Categories unless Admin add one Board to that category, then they can add more boards.

See Attachment...
Hope this is the right board to report this Bug.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Not really sure of how 2.1 handles this, but I would suspect a cache issue as my first instinct.

I can't think of any good reason why it would otherwise be hidden like that.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Illori

shawnb61

Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Herman's Mixen

woudn't mind that the admin should approve it in the first place, depends on how you are using your boards :P
Met vriendelijke groet, The Burglar!

House Mixes | Mixcloud | Any Intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent.
It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein

Former Godfather of our dutch community ;)

Advertisement: