News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

ACP Changes Always Require Emptying File Cache

Started by njtweb, September 19, 2018, 11:18:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

njtweb

That's about it, just wondering why when I make any change whether it's clicking a check box on or off for a mod or adding a meta-keyword in Admin>Features & Options>General>Meta Keywords. Why do I have to empty the file cache after saving? Changes will not work unless I empty the file cache every time.

It's always been this way since I installed it, just wondering. Thanks for any info in advance.

Sir Osis of Liver

Would guess that old version of files still being loaded from cache, so changes aren't applied.  Unless you have a very busy forum, disabling cache will make life simpler.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

njtweb

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on September 19, 2018, 11:50:07 AM
Would guess that old version of files still being loaded from cache, so changes aren't applied.  Unless you have a very busy forum, disabling cache will make life simpler.

I'm currently 2.0.15 and have been for about 4 months or so, My site has only been online since this past spring. I only have 662 topics and 893 posts, I don't know if I could define the site as "busy" as I only get anywhere from 35 to 150 unique visitors per day.

As far as the cache, is that enabled by default when installed? I ask because I wouldn't have enabled it otherwise, I don't touch any of the default server settings.

Thanks!

Sir Osis of Liver

I believe default setting is Level 1 Caching.  Look in Admin -> Server Settings -> Caching.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

njtweb

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on September 19, 2018, 12:25:11 PM
I believe default setting is Level 1 Caching.  Look in Admin -> Server Settings -> Caching.

That's what mine is set to "Level 1 - Recommended". If it's turned off does anything get affected, as in is anything dependent on the setting such as features or functions that might affect my traffic's user experience?

Thank you

vbgamer45

You can disable. Caching is good for busy forums. Make operations faster for users.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

njtweb

Advertisement: