News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Member Post Count drops after thread deleted

Started by southern bronco, September 12, 2018, 05:00:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southern bronco

Just did a large upgrade to 2.0.15 from 2.0.12. Everything's fine, but the website owner reported that the post counts are decreasing when he deletes a thread. When we were in the 1.x.x version, I used the method mentioned in the below post and it worked even when we went to 2.x.xx

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=268599.0

I checked the  /sources/removetopic.php file and it's still correct according to the above instructions. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

GigaWatt

I don't see the problem. It's doing what it's supposed to be doing. Deleting a thread sends it to the Trash (or Archive), if there is one, and this will decrease the post count on members. What is wrong with that ???.
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

southern bronco

I don't see the problem either, but some people cared enough to have found the work around but it's not working now.

GigaWatt

So... can't you persuade them that the script is actually doing what is supposed to be doing (and, to add on that, the logical thing to do ::)), i.e. dropping the post count each time a post of theirs is deleted?
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

Steve

I thought sure there was a setting for the option to decrease post counts or not when a post is deleted but I'll be hanged if I can find it at the moment.

Of course, I just woke up so my brain isn't functioning at full capacity yet.
DO NOT pm me for support!

southern bronco

Quote from: GigaWatt on September 12, 2018, 08:46:52 PM
So... can't you persuade them that the script is actually doing what is supposed to be doing (and, to add on that, the logical thing to do ::)), i.e. dropping the post count each time a post of theirs is deleted?

Actually the script got changed to NOT reduce post count and now it isn't doing what it's supposed to be doing, as per the link I provided above.

southern bronco

Thanks for the replies. I got it fixed. I think it was PEBKAC, I believe I was looking at the /sources/removetopic.php under the wrong directory. Started over in CPanel and the two values as described above were not changed so I changed them, and above all, clicked SAVE CHANGES.

Advertisement: