2.1 and chrome

Started by Bigguy, September 15, 2018, 12:35:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigguy

Anyone havin problems with 2.1 and Chrome browser. ???

lurkalot

Quote from: Bigguy on September 15, 2018, 12:35:02 PM
Anyone havin problems with 2.1 and Chrome browser. ???

What sort of problems?

Bigguy

One of my members stated that when they tried to login that the drop down for how long to stay logged in did not work. Works great with FF but I guess Chrome not so good at all.

Bigguy

Also something with smileys. I guess if you have custom smileys the "More" button does not work right.

SychO

Quote from: Bigguy on September 15, 2018, 12:42:16 PM
One of my members stated that when they tried to login that the drop down for how long to stay logged in did not work. Works great with FF but I guess Chrome not so good at all.

This isn't a browser issue, I'm pretty sure that's been fixed in github version already,
unless this is different, can't really tell without anymore data.
Checkout My Themes:
-

Potato  •  Ackerman  •  SunRise  •  NightBreeze

Bigguy

I may have to update my site again. I was going to do that soon but I thought I would bring this up just in case it was an issue or someone could reproduce it. :)

lurkalot

Quote from: Bigguy on September 15, 2018, 12:42:16 PM

Strange, I don't get a dropdown at all, just a box with the time in it, and up and down arrow to scroll the minutes up or down. My setup is probably older than yours though.  Was this the login from SMF, or a login block from a portal?

Bigguy

lurkalot

Quote from: Bigguy on September 15, 2018, 12:52:33 PM
Login from SMF

Just looked at the login over at your site, the dropdown shows fine for me in Chrome.  I definitely need to update mine now though after seeing that. lol.

Bigguy

I update at least once a month if not twice. Maybe it is just with my members browsers. I don't use chrome so I don't have any of these problems. FF is usually the only one I use.

wintstar

The only trouble with chrome I've got is this =>https://github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF2.1/issues/4749
Last post link Browser position problem.
Used SMF 2.1 Beta 4 from Github and not SMF 2.1 Beta 3 frome Download Page here.
Regards Stephan

,,In order for the possible to come into being, the impossible must be attempted again and again."
Hermann Hesse (1877-1962)

My HomepageMy Board - My Atelier

Bigguy

Must be my members than or my version from GH.

Bigguy

I guess one member had "Google Keep Chrome Extension" installed in chrome. Once turned off all functioned normally. He was even able to turn the extension back on and it still worked so all is good I guess.

Advertisement: