News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Need help with embedding traffic video in website.

Started by Talk of the Mountain, September 15, 2018, 02:38:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Talk of the Mountain

Hello, everyone.

I need help embedding a traffic video within a post in my website.

I was given this rtmp://wzmedia.dot.ca.gov/D8/cif_18_125.stream by the person in charge of the traffic webcam. He said I could view the clip using the VLC player, which I did.

Can someone show me the script I need to post within the  brackets in the post? I'm running 2.0.5 release.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Illori

either way, you need to upgrade to SMF 2.0.15 as you are 10 security patches behind. for security you NEED to upgrade asap.

njtweb

Quote from: Talk of the Mountain on September 15, 2018, 02:38:36 PM
Hello, everyone.

I need help embedding a traffic video within a post in my website.

I was given this rtmp://wzmedia.dot.ca.gov/D8/cif_18_125.stream by the person in charge of the traffic webcam. He said I could view the clip using the VLC player, which I did.

Can someone show me the script I need to post within the  brackets in the post? I'm running 2.0.5 release.

Thanks in advance for your help.

You want to embed a live stream? You'll have to make you're own bbcode.

Kindred

More than that... he'll need a streaming player on his site, which is not simple
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Talk of the Mountain

Thanks for your input. I was able to get the script from the webcam operator. It works perfect within a post.

Here's the code:

<div id="video" style="display:block"><object width="320px" height="240px">

<embed src="http://www1.dot.ca.gov/research/its/StrobeMediaPlayback.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" wmode="window" width="320" height="240" flashvars="src=rtmp://wzmedia.dot.ca.gov/D8/cif_18_125.stream&amp;poster=http://www1.dot.ca.gov/dist8/tmc/snapshots/819906.jpg&amp;streamType=live&amp;controlBarAutoHide=true&amp;verbose=true&amp;verbose=true&amp;optimizeInitialIndex=false&amp;optimizeBuffering=false&amp;bufferTime=3&amp;playButtonOverlay=false"> </object>

</div>

BTW, I'm looking to hire someone to upgrade my website to the latest release and fix a few minor bugs that appeared after my host switched servers. I can be reached at [email protected]

If this is the wrong forum to advertise for help, please let me know where I should post.

njtweb

My site was upgraded to 2.0.15 by experts here cheap, Just make sure to prefix with the word "[PAID]" and be descriptive what you are paying for.

Talk of the Mountain

Thanks for the reply. Under what category did you advertise you needed help?

lurkalot

Quote from: Talk of the Mountain on September 17, 2018, 10:30:35 PM
Thanks for the reply. Under what category did you advertise you needed help?

I would imagine it's the Help Wanted (not for support) board.

Just be sure to add [Paid] or [Free] and the beginning of your post title / subject.

Talk of the Mountain

Thanks! Do you remember who you used? It seems I need the same type of help.

njtweb

Quote from: Talk of the Mountain on September 18, 2018, 10:19:52 AM
Thanks! Do you remember who you used? It seems I need the same type of help.

I do but not everybody likes being referred or contacted directly, they typically respond when they see the help wanted request in that section.

Advertisement: