News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Adjust forum width & change recent posts place

Started by Boloh!, September 28, 2018, 12:59:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boloh!

Hi all! thank you for saw this topic.

I need somethings, im so glad you're helping me  :P
I've tried so hard but i can't, and i've searched for posts here to get illuminated but nothing...

SMF 2.0.15
Theme : NightBreeze (By Sych0)
site: www.boloh.net [nofollow]

I hope to explain well.
What I want to do is the following:

Adjust the width of the forum container (marked in green) and leave it 50% narrow and to the left (marked in red)

Once that change is achieved, I want to remove the last messages from the bottom, and take it to the right of which we change the width before.
something like that :

thank you very much! I hope I have explained well and that you can help me  :-* :laugh:

Antechinus

Do you just need a few tips, or do you want somebody to do the whole thing for you?

Boloh!

Tips :P i want to learn!

GigaWatt

You should post this in the NightBreeze thread here. SychO is usually very helpful :).

Quote from: Boloh! on September 28, 2018, 12:59:23 AM
I've tried so hard but i can't, and i've searched for posts here to get illuminated but nothing...

Enlightened ;).
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

Antechinus

To get you off to a start, the code you need is in BoardIndex.template.php (for the html and PHP) and index.css (for the presentation).
You will need to take the recent posts section from the info center, and move it to sit after the markup for the boards, You will then need to edit the CSS to make things sit right.

How much coding do you know? Can you handle basic PHP templating and CSS? Do you know how to use the "Inspect element" function in your browser? 

Antechinus

Quote from: GigaWatt on September 28, 2018, 06:47:52 PM
You should post this in the NightBreeze thread here. SychO is usually very helpful :).

Quote from: Boloh! on September 28, 2018, 12:59:23 AM

Enlightened ;).

Illuminated works too, but it's not used as commonly in that context. It's still technically correct though.

GigaWatt

"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

Antechinus

There's a famous Buenaventura Durruti quote which uses it in that context. Of course he originally said it in Spanish, but the translation works in English too. :)

Advertisement: