Will disallow permission on guests in a board will also block bots?

Started by niraj, September 19, 2018, 01:08:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

niraj

Hello, If I disallow guests from viewing the board will it also block bots such as Google bot? As if bot will be blocked the topic won't be indexed in search engine which I don't want.
I want to disallow guests from viewing the board or better will be I want them to see only title of the topic and few initial sentences only. So that to read complete topic they need to register in the forum.

Please help.Thanks

vbgamer45

Yes if you block guests search engines bots can't read topics etc anything is blocked as  a guest.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

niraj

Is there a mod for 2.0.15 that can allow guests to view only title of the topic and few initial sentences only. So that to read complete topic they need to register in the forum?

Kindred

you do realize that doing that sort of thing actually drives users AWAY from your site? It does not encourage them to register.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: