News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Uinstalling mod 'Say Thanks' cause problems

Started by UltimatePremium, September 20, 2018, 11:43:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UltimatePremium

Guys,

Stuck a little bit.

Originally I had mod installed called Say Thanks. Did worked ok-ish, then out of the sudden it start showing 'say thanks' icon twice on each post. Photo attached.

So I have come up with an idea to get rid of it and here starts the problems.

I soon as I remove this mod the whole forum become empty, well maybe not empty, all the thread and posts stays in place but once they clicked on they empty inside.
I have attached some photo.
Any ideas please ?
Thanks

Kindred

did you get any errors flagged on the auto-uninstall?

If so, and if you continued anyway -- then there is your problem.
Like a bad mod install - in this case, you are going to have to find the remaining bits of code and manually change them.

Incidentally, things don't happen "out of the blue" :)
If you started getting double displays -- that typically means that you double installed the mod.

If you can't figure out the manual changes - then you may want to upload a clean set of files and then reinstall the mods that you want.
https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/How_to_upload_a_fresh_set_of_files
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

UltimatePremium

Does make sens to be honest  ::)

I think I will go back to the mod page and have a look at the manual and what changes in the code it does.

Will try to have a look.

But last thing I want is fresh files  :D

Thanks, will report back

Steve

Incidentally, mod specific questions should be asked in the mod's support thread, in this case: https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=527032.0
DO NOT pm me for support!

Sir Osis of Liver

If it was the last mod you installed, you can restore the package backup in /Packages/backups/.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

UltimatePremium

Issue with this specific mod has been sorted now.

I went back to the modification page and had a look at the manual instalation process and then I have removed code from each file.

But how do I edit istalled.list located in /Packages

This is where its shows that the mod is still installed.

I have got all in all 3 mods installed and the 4th one is the one I have just removed

Sir Osis of Liver

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

UltimatePremium

Advertisement: