News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Theme Site glitch?

Started by lurkalot, September 20, 2018, 03:04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurkalot

Is this a issue on the theme site, or something else.

Examples:  This theme, Lazarus, https://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/index.php?lemma=2916  There's two identical download links on the right hand side, so you don't know which one you're supposed to download.

Download this theme
lazarus20.zip (1538kB)
lazarus20.zip (1538kB)

Likewise with this theme, geek SMF 2.0 Responsive theme, https://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/index.php?lemma=2918 Two identical download links.

Download this theme
geek.zip (249kB)
geek.zip (249kB)

SychO

Oh no, that's my mistake, I uploaded an updated package and forgot to remove the old one because I have to edit again in order to remove it :P
Checkout My Themes:
-

Potato  •  Ackerman  •  SunRise  •  NightBreeze

vbgamer45

It happens mainly if theme uploader forgets to remove the old package.
It keeps tricky since you have to upload the new one first then remove the old one.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Mick.

Thats the problem, I dont know which one is the old theme. It's not specific about it.

SychO

Quote from: Mick. on September 20, 2018, 04:09:48 PM
Thats the problem, I dont know which one is the old theme. It's not specific about it.

The new package is always set as the new default, so just uncheck the one you're able to uncheck
Checkout My Themes:
-

vbgamer45

I wish it had a date or id next to it then you could tell right away. I was very confused recently on this as well
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Mick.

Quote from: vbgamer45 on September 20, 2018, 04:23:56 PM
I wish it had a date or id next to it then you could tell right away. I was very confused recently on this as well
Exactly...It sure needs a time stamp.

Deaks

Been a bug for years and always been put aside as a new and better themesite was on it's way but never appears.

Advice I gave people is make the new ones name slightly different.  Also generally the top one is the newest version.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Antechinus

Easiest option is to delete the old file and save, then upload the new one. That way even if the names are the same there's no problem.

SychO

Quote from: Antechinus on September 21, 2018, 07:22:33 AM
Easiest option is to delete the old file and save, then upload the new one. That way even if the names are the same there's no problem.

You can't remove the old package, because there has to be a package, but honestly it's like I mentioned the new package you upload is auto set to default, so when you edit it again you just have to remove the package you're allowed to remove.
Checkout My Themes:
-

Antechinus

I removed the old package when I updated a mod today. Site saved just fine, then I uploaded the new one. Seems to work.

SychO

Quote from: Antechinus on September 21, 2018, 07:30:15 AM
I removed the old package when I updated a mod today. Site saved just fine, then I uploaded the new one. Seems to work.

Only with mods, not with themes though  :P
Checkout My Themes:
-

Antechinus

Advertisement: