News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Missing latest post with sub-boards

Started by RML, September 22, 2018, 08:09:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RML

Hello everybody!

If I have sub-boards with no post in the parent board the posts I made in one of the sub-bords doesn't appear in the last post column and it doesn't appear in the Info Center Forum stats either. If I made posts in the parent board it will appear but the posts in the sub-bords won't. It worked well in Beta 3 but in Beta 4 doesn't. It's the latest version from Github.

albertlast

Thanks for post this issue,
i open an issue on github: https://github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF2.1/issues/5017
and created a pr with the needed changes: https://github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF2.1/pull/5018

Would be nice if you test this changes and give feedback if this fix your issue.

RML

Not quite. It now shows the new post but only from the first sub-board but from the second and the third it doesn't. (I set the "Maximum depth of sub-boards to check for new posts" for 5 and I created 3 sub-boards.)

Kindred

While it may be a bug...  why the heck would you have boards buried that deep with no messages in the parent boards?     That seems like an 8ncredibly poor design
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

RML

Quote from: Kindred on September 22, 2018, 09:36:53 PM
why the heck would you have boards buried that deep with no messages in the parent boards?

I don't have, I only have a parent board with no posts in it and three sub-boards of that. But no matter, if I have posts in the parent board or not, the posts in the sub-boards still don't appear in last post and latest post.

albertlast

I updated the pr,
please try again.

I don't know that the intention of kindred comment is,
but we removed the limitation of how deep you category can go and
this need to be tested out and your clean example make the reproducing very easy.

In a productiv enverioment i would recommant that you need a modern database,
like mysql 8.0+ maria 10.2+ or any supported postgres version,
to get the best performance/user experience from this feature.

RML

Yes, it solved the problem, it works fine now. Thanks for taking your time.

Advertisement: