Previous topic - Next topic

SychO

Quote from: lazo50 on September 26, 2018, 12:20:17 PM
Add an Icon to Header Title:: not work

It doesn't work with brand type icons, but it works with normal ones

Quote from: lazo50 on September 26, 2018, 12:20:17 PM
Show Footer Aditional Links:   External Link Icon(FontAwesome fa-xxx): not work

try a value similar to this: fas fa-globe or fab fa-facebook

I'll have to edit the theme settings text to be clearer about these values.
Checkout My Themes:
-

Potato  •  Ackerman  •  SunRise  •  NightBreeze

Biology Forums

Forward thinking with giving users the option to choose night or light mode. Cool!

Antechinus

Quote from: SychO on September 26, 2018, 09:50:53 AM...ugh browser compatibility issues are the worst.

Tell me about it. ::) Always have been. Opera is a good one to test. I know it's Webkit, but they do their own things to it and it doesn't behave quite the same as Chrome or other Webkit builds.

Opera has always had an idiosyncratic and very strict view of web standards. What you will find is that if something works on Opera it will also work on other browsers (99% of the time anyway) but if something works on Firefox or Chrome it won't necessarily work on Opera. So if you check things on Opera you will use more naughty words in early testing, but fewer naughty words in post-release bug fixing. :)

(I still hate it though)

Biology Forums

That's good advice, usually it's the last one I test

SychO

Quote from: Antechinus on September 26, 2018, 08:07:21 PM
Tell me about it. ::) Always have been. Opera is a good one to test. I know it's Webkit, but they do their own things to it and it doesn't behave quite the same as Chrome or other Webkit builds.

Opera has always had an idiosyncratic and very strict view of web standards. What you will find is that if something works on Opera it will also work on other browsers (99% of the time anyway) but if something works on Firefox or Chrome it won't necessarily work on Opera. So if you check things on Opera you will use more naughty words in early testing, but fewer naughty words in post-release bug fixing. :)

(I still hate it though)

I see, that's interesting.
I usually only test in IE & Edge, cause those two are usually the unhappy ones, didn't think Opera would be somewhat demanding as well, guess I gotta start testing on it as well then :/
Checkout My Themes:
-

Antechinus

Most of the time Opera does behave how you'd expect. It's just every so often that you'll hit a case where it doesn't. I can't give examples offhand because I've done limited coding lately, but I do recall some cases fairly recently where something I was messing around with needed special treatment for Opera. Fortunately the fixes for Opera also worked in other browsers, but I can't remember what the exact situation was or how I fixed it.

Short version is it'll be fine a lot of the time, but it's always worth checking, and you may have to do some lateral thinking here and there. :)

Veee

Quote from: SychO on September 26, 2018, 09:50:53 AM
hmm, You could do that by specifying a background image for the header and use different images for light/dark, there are two css files: sunrise.css where any code shows in the light mode, and midnight.css where any code shows in dark mode, you can add changes there, but I'm not sure that's what you mean though, unless you're talking about the logo image which you can specify in the theme settings ?

Thank you for the reply. I added a header in the logo image section in theme settings and it doesn't show it in it's full resolution. The banner image is 1800x300 and it's showing reduced as 1100x190px.... Where is the place I can edit to change this setting? The mountains and sunrise are behind the banner image/logo, how can I put them over it? Thanks.  ;D

SychO

Quote from: Veee on September 27, 2018, 05:39:49 PM
Thank you for the reply. I added a header in the logo image section in theme settings and it doesn't show it in it's full resolution. The banner image is 1800x300 and it's showing reduced as 1100x190px.... Where is the place I can edit to change this setting? The mountains and sunrise are behind the banner image/logo, how can I put them over it? Thanks!!!

can you post a link to your forum ?
Checkout My Themes:
-

lazo50

Last upgrade

Error in the template scan!
There was a problem loading the template or translation file /Themes/SunRise20_1/Themes.template.php. Check the syntax of the file and try again - pay attention to the apostrophes ('): often they must be preceded by the escape character (\). To view more detailed information about the error, try to access the file directly. You can also try reloading the page or using the default theme.

syntax error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE

SychO

Quote from: lazo50 on September 28, 2018, 07:44:01 AM
Last upgrade

Error in the template scan!
There was a problem loading the template or translation file /Themes/SunRise20_1/Themes.template.php. Check the syntax of the file and try again - pay attention to the apostrophes ('): often they must be preceded by the escape character (\). To view more detailed information about the error, try to access the file directly. You can also try reloading the page or using the default theme.

syntax error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE

Weird, the file was only partially downloaded

use this file instead:
Checkout My Themes:
-

Veee

Quote from: SychO on September 27, 2018, 05:41:48 PM
Thank you for the reply. I added a header in the logo image section in theme settings and it doesn't show it in it's full resolution. The banner image is 1800x300 and it's showing reduced as 1100x190px.... Where is the place I can edit to change this setting? The mountains and sunrise are behind the banner image/logo, how can I put them over it? Thanks!!!

I have it on a local server to edit it the way I want before going live on my own forum. I will try to explain what I want with images.

Added the header image url on the logo image option in the theme settings page.
Then it looks like this [screenshot1]. it's resizing the image.... when I want it to go over the edges...

Which is ok, but I'd rather it looked it's full size. Like this [screenshot2]

How can this be accomplished? I tried changing some parts in the css but I must not be changing everything... Also, on desktops the header is centered while in mobile devices the header moves to the left, where do I go to center it? Hope this helps. Thank you.

milenyals

Quote from: Veee on September 29, 2018, 04:23:53 PM

I have it on a local server to edit it the way I want before going live on my own forum. I will try to explain what I want with images.

Then it looks like this [screenshot1]. it's resizing the image.... when I want it to go over the edges...

How can this be accomplished? I tried changing some parts in the css but I must not be changing everything... Also, on desktops the header is centered while in mobile devices the header moves to the left, where do I go to center it? Hope this helps. Thank you.

you just need to go to the Theme Settings and set Forum width to 100%

Veee

Quote from: milenyals on September 30, 2018, 09:09:00 AM
Quote from: Veee on September 29, 2018, 04:23:53 PM

you just need to go to the Theme Settings and set Forum width to 100%

Yes, but that way everything in the forum turns 100% and I'd like the main part with the categories, users online etc to stay at 80%... I was wondering if I could manually change the header/logo part in the css, but I have no idea which parts to change. :/

Thanks for trying to help :)

Paracelsus

Very nice theme Sycho (as well as the others, specially NightBreeze), love the night-mode option...

Two things:
1. A minor correction: there should be a way to see avatars always as a perfect circle and not "ovals" when the image isn't square. I've accomplished this at our forum (see signature), and have tried to emulate the same css on yours but somehow can't reach it.
2. A suggestion... option for fixed navbar on top... it would help a lot specially on mobile (elements forum name/logo + profile + unread + search available at any time, eventually even mentions + alerts, which we have on our forum), but also on desktop, here it would be interesting to have different navbars whether one is on board/messageindex or on post view (where it is also interesting to see which topic you're into... a bit like apple discussions website thread view)

SychO

Quote from: Paracelsus on October 01, 2018, 07:14:35 AM
Very nice theme Sycho (as well as the others, specially NightBreeze), love the night-mode option...

Two things:
1. A minor correction: there should be a way to see avatars always as a perfect circle and not "ovals" when the image isn't square. I've accomplished this at our forum (see signature), and have tried to emulate the same css on yours but somehow can't reach it.
2. A suggestion... option for fixed navbar on top... it would help a lot specially on mobile (elements forum name/logo + profile + unread + search available at any time, eventually even mentions + alerts, which we have on our forum), but also on desktop, here it would be interesting to have different navbars whether one is on board/messageindex or on post view (where it is also interesting to see which topic you're into... a bit like apple discussions website thread view)

Thanks for the feedback :)

1. That'd indeed be nice, but I would have to force a fixed size on the avatar in order to keep them square, and I don't really want to do that, I could however add it as a setting which would be nice.

2. Yea that would be nice aswell, I would add that as an option to turn on/off but I don't think I want to add any features at this point.
Checkout My Themes:
-

Veee

@ SychO

did you perhaps miss my post about the header? Is there a way I can edit the theme main header part to have the image show as full instead of resized? I tried the solution milenyals mentioned but that would make the whole forum full size and that's not what I want, just the header/navigation part. The rest I want to keep at 80%. Like the size of the SMF forum for example.

Thanks.

SychO

No I didn't miss it, I just can't take a look right now, I'll do so over the weekend and reply to you.
Checkout My Themes:
-

kryptokeskustelu.org

Hi, and thanks about this new very nice theme. Works great with mobile :)

I have couple of questions if someone can maybe help...
1. How i can i make/resize gray mountain "area" smaller/thinner in mobile version? Now it is big and need to scroll to see kategories. (See attachment)
2. Can i change pencil logo to other logos, so every kategory have own logo? Like Bitcoin have bitcoin logo, ethereum have ethereum logo etc (See attachment)
3. Can i erase/change/change only a color of purple/pink mountain in site bottom?

Thank you!

Kindred

to do number 2, you need a mod... there are 2 or 3 of them out there which do that
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Veee

Quote from: SychO on October 02, 2018, 11:08:28 AM
No I didn't miss it, I just can't take a look right now, I'll do so over the weekend and reply to you.

Okay, thank you so much! :)

Advertisement: