News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SunRise

Started by SychO, September 22, 2018, 10:12:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JesusIsGodAlmighty.Life

Yes I'm in on my mobile!!!!!
Here are some screen shots :)
Dearly Regards - Darkijah - May Jayshua the Anointed, God Almighty who died for the Sins of the world bless you with wholesome health and eyes to see!
Websites: https://jesusisgodalmighty.life and https://paven666.dk

SychO

I see, well it's fixable but that's a very very very special case, because your subject is one single extremely long word, if it was a long sentence, there wouldn't be an issue.
Checkout My Themes:
-

Potato  •  Ackerman  •  SunRise  •  NightBreeze

JesusIsGodAlmighty.Life

Ahhh, okay I have not tried to do it with spaces, I should try that out.
But in any case one Theme has a fix for it - Ant's Mutant curve have it sorted out. :)

I have a way of breaking things ;)

-edit-

you're right, it does not happen if there is spaces in the text. And I guess very little chance of anyone doing it like that. But just nice to see a rock solid theme which can't be broken by stupidity :P ;)

-edit-

Someone being stupid who wanna mess up the forum could join and do it to make havock. I've just tried to remove the content, apparently I removed the topic - but the message is still in the last 10 messages posted, allthough it says it does not exist when pushed on it. So... At least need to post some messages to get that in order again without the extra width.
Dearly Regards - Darkijah - May Jayshua the Anointed, God Almighty who died for the Sins of the world bless you with wholesome health and eyes to see!

mark@123

Thanks for Nice Theme and Support.

JesusIsGodAlmighty.Life

Hey @SychO so I'm toying around with SunRise, although broke it and had to reinstall and now at the same point again it seems :) Did something which I don't know what I did.

I don't know if you go into helping in such details, but people are very supportive on the forum - and one can always get a no :P

Any case, minor things, could the user menu be made instant and make the letters just a little bit bigger would no hurt?
Could the menu to the right, the main menu be instant and have the boxes made a little smaller? It Just a little quize. Not sure if one could make the top menu smaller without effecting anything, including the menu top to follow. Seems there should be able to cut some pixels off pressing it further together.
And could we maybe like sticky the top bar and let it follow along, which also makes the quizing it together important if it is going to follow one around.

And, how do I implement another menu just beside the main theme menu, to be an icon menu to the right when they are unfolded on the computer and still working as a menu.

I think that is all :) No no no... I have more.

Could we have Index Home in the > link > and the Title of the page be different? And could one take out the Category names from the tree system? I get somewhat confused about this extra thing being added to the tree and it fills up space.

Anyway of shortening the Homepage name empty space up and down - I've made it all black and discounted all images but there seem to be a good amount of empty space above and below the Main homepage name.

At the bottom without a picture, maybe the footer with a box color like the top bar and closing the gap there is, at least making it smaller.

Thats all...

Well, I guess I need to try to see if I change the colors as well, from blue to orange - any easy way of doing that?

But it is up and running :D

Oh the same with the menu openings, would like them to be instant. Hate waiting, in these days of time - want things to be as fast and smoth as possible! :)

Thanks for reading!

SychO

You can do almost anything if you have the coding knowledge. I unfortunately cannot help people with their custom needs as I do not have the time to try to understand exactly what they want to do and then look at the code to see if and how it is doable, and to then try and explain how they can get to the results they want. I used to do that, for a while, but I stopped because it was too tiresome.

Quotewould like them to be instant

I have no recollection of the code, but if it was made using CSS keyframes, then you could just tweak the animation time to 0, but if the animation is done with javascript, well then you need to tweak that.
Checkout My Themes:
-

JesusIsGodAlmighty.Life

Oki doki, I guess there is no easy way around it :P He he he.

Anyway thanks for the theme, I'll see if I can dig into it and learn and edit a little here and there.

spiros

Is it possible to know which bits of code changed in order to update my customised version?

QuoteChangeLog
Version 2.0.4 [08/09/2020]
-----------------------
!Fixed performance issue

Version 2.0.3 [10/12/2019]
! Updated FontAwesome to 5.11.2
! Fixed a couple of minor bugs

SychO

Even I don't remember mate 🤷 you'd have to download the newest package, check modification dates on files to see which ones were updated and then use a diff tool to compare with your own version's files.

When I rewrite this to 2.1, in addition to using modern CSS. it'll sit on a github repository with proper versioning, making maintenance a lot more easier.
Checkout My Themes:
-

spiros

Yes, I did download it. Almost all files show 8/9/2020 as modification date...

An idea for the theme is to detect OS dark/light mode preference and serve accordingly.

SychO

QuoteAn idea for the theme is to detect OS dark/light mode preference and serve accordingly.

maybe something for the 2.1 rewritten version, it would probably be easier using CSS variables, although the logic for which mode to use would have to be properly thought about, since the admin has an option to choose a default mode, an option to enable only one mode, and the user has the option to choose one if allowed.
Checkout My Themes:
-

spiros

One css, at the end:
@media(prefers-color-scheme: dark) {dark stuff here}
This Wordpress plugin does provide for the options you mention if you want to get inspired: https://wppool.dev/wp-dark-mode/

SychO

It wouldn't be that simple, at least not for this 2.0 version, it would require some JavaScript to decide which files to load.

For the rewritten version, I don't think JavaScript would be needed at all, would all be done in the CSS.
Checkout My Themes:
-

spiros

That sounds like the theme will work faster. So you mean you will drop the dark/light selection cookie too?
I did manage with a number of edits (css icons or replacing images with Font Awesome) to get it to load 0 pictures in home page, and very few in board index. There is still though the overhead of multiple Font Awesome libraries loading. Perhaps a subset would improve things?

SychO

Quote from: spiros on November 24, 2020, 11:38:23 AM
That sounds like the theme will work faster.

Well, I was specifically talking about JavaScript related to your idea. But I will end up removing a lot of the javascript that is currently switching between dark/light modes, in fact the only piece of javascript code I'll need is to check then add a "dark-mode" class to the html, a lot more easier and efficient. Don't know if that it'll make it faster though.

So you mean you will drop the dark/light selection cookie too?

No, just most likely use local storage instead.

I did manage with a number of edits (css icons or replacing images with Font Awesome) to get it to load 0 pictures in home page

Why ? most images used are default theme images which are really just icons of very small size, they're also cached after the first load anyway, so It doesn't make much of a difference.

There is still though the overhead of multiple Font Awesome libraries loading. Perhaps a subset would improve things?

It's true that it loads all of fontawesome icons (strong, brand, regular) but I would rather not create a subset for it, since the theme allows admins to choose icons for menu items (and I think a couple more spots), I prefer leaving all icons as an option.
Checkout My Themes:
-

Greybrow

Just a quick post: I love this theme.
Looks lovely, acts responsive and the support you give is uncanny.

Bisht

Amazing work dude thanks for share  ;)

K-Forum

A great theme, a great idea! I just loove the option to switch from light to dark!

Just one question: Usually the thread titles/headlines are repeated in each reply. They are hidden in this template. Is there a way to make them show up? Our members used to use these headlines for very important silly stuff. Would be nice to display them.

4LP3RUZ1

Turkish translation attached:
Frozen frogs are back :(

SychO

Checkout My Themes:
-

Advertisement: