News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SunRise

Started by SychO, September 22, 2018, 10:12:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thatjustit

Great work, theme works well with my old forum!

Gandrel

With SMF 2.0.18 out and it supporting PHP 7.4, would it be expected that this theme would work if I installed 2.0.18 and switched to PHP 7.4?

SychO

Quote from: Gandrel on April 29, 2021, 12:25:46 PM
With SMF 2.0.18 out and it supporting PHP 7.4, would it be expected that this theme would work if I installed 2.0.18 and switched to PHP 7.4?

No one has reported any issues with it running on 2.0.18 & php7.4 so I believe it works just fine.
Checkout My Themes:
-

Potato  •  Ackerman  •  SunRise  •  NightBreeze

K-Forum

Hey SychO, is there a way to display the subject on every reply - just like in the default theme (here: "Re: SunRise") ? We used to use the subject-line for silly comments and would love to continue doing so.

Thanks for this beautiful theme!
Bastian

K-Forum

Quote from: K-Forum on May 17, 2021, 02:12:44 PM
Hey SychO, is there a way to display the subject on every reply - just like in the default theme (here: "Re: SunRise") ?

in Display.template.php
find
<div class="postarea">
<div class="flow_hidden phoneVflow">
<div class="keyinfo">
<h5 id="subject_', $message['id'], '" style="display:NONE;">

and change "none" to "strong", "bold", whatever

spiros

Looks like Google picks up mobile usability issues, for example for https://www.translatum.gr/forum/index.php?topic=60077.0 I get:

Content wider than screen
Text too small to read
Clickable elements too close together

SychO

Yea that makes sense, there's without a doubt a lot of room for improvement.
Checkout My Themes:
-

ozgurdeveci

Hello SychO,

When I upload the current theme to my website with version 2.0.18, I get the error "Unable to load the 'main_above' template." Nothing has been uploaded before. What could be the cause of the problem.

Thank you.

PFigo

Quote from: ozgurdeveci on September 12, 2021, 04:30:14 AMHello SychO,

When I upload the current theme to my website with version 2.0.18, I get the error "Unable to load the 'main_above' template." Nothing has been uploaded before. What could be the cause of the problem.

Thank you.
I used SychO themes in past and I was to install it on SMF 2.0.18 like you and have same problem :-(

shadav

Quote from: ozgurdeveci on September 12, 2021, 04:30:14 AMHello SychO,

Thank you.
how are you installing this?
I just tested this on my 2.0.18 and am not getting this error

I downloaded the theme, I unzipped the theme and then uploaded the theme's folder (SunRise20) into my smf's Themes folder
FORUMROOTFOLDER/THEMES/
I then went into my admin under configuration then under Themes and Layouts
at that bottom of that page
 INSTALL A NEW THEME
From a directory on the server:
at the end of the url provided in the box add SunRise20
so
/YOUR/SERVER/PATH/TO/FORUM/Themes/SunRise20
click Install
then go back to themes and layouts and change the
Overall forum default: to SunRise

I do not get the error you are reporting

ozgurdeveci

I just deleted everything and reinstalled. The result is still the same. I get the error "Unable to load the 'main_above' template."

shadav

and again I ask, how are you installing this?

did you try as I posted above?

ozgurdeveci

I set it up exactly as you said.

shadav

if you want to pm me ftp details and admin details and link to your site and I will try to install this theme for you

PFigo

On my case I install it like always did.
From SMF install from my pc. Choose ZIP file and install it.
After on SMF control panel I aplly theme...but: "Not possible to load template "main_above".

You can see on my image that theme is installed on my files manager.

shadav

try installing the way I suggest above and see what happens

on a side note I did try to install it from file and did get that error, so not sure why it's doing that...but installing as I posted above I do not get that error

it's those pesky gremlins again
I'll have to take a look later and see what's different between installing by file and installing from server, what's not getting uploaded or what
because it shouldn't matter as there's nothing wrong with the theme but for some reason it appears that trying to install from file messes things up

PFigo

PFigo

Quote from: shadav on September 13, 2021, 04:42:48 PMtry installing the way I suggest above and see what happens

on a side note I did try to install it from file and did get that error, so not sure why it's doing that...but installing as I posted above I do not get that error

I'll have to take a look later and see what's different between installing by file and installing from server, what's not getting uploaded or what
because it shouldn't matter as there's nothing wrong with the theme but for some reason it appears that trying to install from file messes things up
Ok. Will try.
Thanks

SychO

I've repackaged the theme, should fix the problem.
Checkout My Themes:
-

PFigo

Quote from: shadav on September 13, 2021, 04:42:48 PMtry installing the way I suggest above and see what happens

It works for me :-)
Anyway something is wrong with normal installation.
I always did it directly from my pc without problems.
Thanks  ;)

Advertisement: