Upgrading from 1.1 beta4 to 1.1 RC1... issues.

Started by Kindred, November 11, 2005, 10:05:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

Ok, the site I am upgrading was at 1.1 beta 4.

I updated the theme, and uploaded the upgrade files.
I run upgrade.php...

now it just sits there, with the IE icon chugging away. No messages on the screen, nothing happening as far as I can tell...

I ran it once, and it eventually (more than 2 hours) came back with a "page not found" and the database updates were NOT performed.

I tried running it again.
This time, I noticed an error message from IE
line: 377
char: 2
error: 'smf_scripturl' is undefined
code:0
URL: website/upgrade.php?step=1&backup=1&maint=1&debug=1

the page is trying to open:
website/upgrade.php?step=1;backup=1;maint=1;debug=1;substep=17

Anyone have ANY ideas on what I can do about this?
I'm fairly technical, but the complete lack of any repsonse form the system is confusing me...
(note: This is for a Charter Member's site... with nearly 30,000 members)

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Kindred

Odd thing... which I assume is due to the half-completed database upgrade...   all of the boards are out of order; instead of appearing in the chosen order, they are appearing in board number order (1, 2, 3 etc instead of 4, 2, 6, 1 etc)...

can ANYONE give me some suggestions?   from looking at the database, it appears that the upgrade script got almost to the new smf_log_search_XXXX tables.   I added those manually, beause without them, users were getting errors every time they posted..  but it's only a band-aid.
(it obviously has not recalibrated the search parameters, since the tables are empty...)

Does anyone have an idea about 1) why the upgrade script is not working (or why it's taking so long that things eventually time-out and 2) how can I fix this?

running the admin function "check & fix errors" just hangs as well, eventually timing out...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: