News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Hi, I have a two problems

Started by Arris, October 01, 2018, 10:22:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arris

1-st - One of mods on my forum (ver 2.0.15) is broken.

=>

2-nd - Can't write messages here: https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=334033.0#lastPost
3-rd - Can't write PM at this forum.

WTF

vbgamer45

for #1, list details or go to the mod topic.

#2. the topic is locked

#3 you need more posts on the forum before you can do pms
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Arantor

3 is because you haven't made enough posts yet, as I think that's restricted to 10 posts and up to avoid spammers.

2 is because the mod was removed by its author, so the support topic gets locked.

Arris

Quote from: Arantor on October 01, 2018, 10:43:20 AM
2 is because the mod was removed by its author, so the support topic gets locked.
It is your mod?

We used this mod on the role-playing forum for easy creation of messages from administrators / moderators. How can we be now?

Arantor

Yes, it is my mod. I removed it for various reasons, not least of which so that people would stop bothering me to make changes just for them.

Arris

So, can you open source code? Github?

Arris

Quote from: Arantor on October 01, 2018, 02:24:52 PM
Yes, it is my mod. I removed it for various reasons, not least of which so that people would stop bothering me to make changes just for them.
and now people ask you to return support for this addon.  ^^
It is very useful.

https://rpg-world.org/index.php [nofollow]

Illori

just because you find it useful does not mean the author needs to support it. if you need support you may need to look into a paid support request in the help wanted board.

Arris

Quote from: Illori on October 01, 2018, 02:32:35 PM
just because you find it useful does not mean the author needs to support it. if you need support you may need to look into a paid support request in the help wanted board.

our forum (rpgworld) is uncommercial.

Arantor

So? You're asking me to spend my free time doing nothing but helping you. Don't I get a say in what I choose to spend my evening doing? Or is it all about what you want?

Not to mention, it's a thing I made literally 9 years ago. Does me making something and giving it away mean I need to care about it forever after?

(This is why I removed all of my mods. Putting them on GitHub only guarantees you complaining when it doesn't install because SMF doesn't know how to handle zip files made by GitHub.)

Arris

Quote from: Arantor on October 01, 2018, 03:25:00 PM
is it all about what you want?
Only sources, please.

Quote from: Arantor on October 01, 2018, 03:25:00 PM
(This is why I removed all of my mods. Putting them on GitHub only guarantees you complaining when it doesn't install because SMF doesn't know how to handle zip files made by GitHub.)
I will NOT. I know, how to make zip file.

Any alternatives for this mod?

Arantor

You only want the source? Fine, this I can do.

Arris

Quote from: Arantor on October 01, 2018, 05:04:05 PM
You only want the source? Fine, this I can do.
Thank you.

I want make a fork of your mod. How I can do it?

Arantor

Right now you actually legally can't because I didn't list the licence as one you can. However, I'm feeling generous - the above package is licensed under Creative Commons 0 licence.

At this point I have done enough for you.

Arris

Quote from: Arantor on October 01, 2018, 05:28:32 PM
Right now you actually legally can't because I didn't list the licence as one you can. However, I'm feeling generous - the above package is licensed under Creative Commons 0 licence.

At this point I have done enough for you.

So, please, wrote here: https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=334033.0 that support is over and will never be renewed.

Do not mislead honest users, please.

vbgamer45

He can't write there. Aranator has a lot spent some free time helping you. He is resting right now. Just be happy at this point you have the mod for your site/to work on.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Arantor

No. Even if I could (I can't, it's locked, and I can't unlock it on my own), I wouldn't, because yet again you're still insisting that I owe you and everyone else something. You're insisting that I change something to suit how you think it should be.

Even after I asked you to leave me alone, even after I gave you what you asked for originally (never mind that you asked me to comment the mod as well as give you the source), you're still expecting more and more and more.

People like you are why I removed the mod, because it's never enough to make something and just give it away, it becomes an ever growing drain on people like me.

You know what? I'm glad I removed my mods from public access. It just shows me how utterly ungrateful people are.

Arris

Arantor

Yes, I do think you're pretty arrogant - even after I asked you to leave me alone, you continued to ask for me to do things for you, on my time. You asked for the source, it was given. You asked about a fork, I have made sure you can even legally do such a thing.

Why do you expect me to spend more of my free time to help you, exactly?

Arris

Quote from: Arantor on October 01, 2018, 05:39:04 PM
You know what? I'm glad I removed my mods from public access. It just shows me how utterly ungrateful people are.
My English is not good enough to convey to you my position on all aspects of this situation.

You accuse me of ingratitude - undeservedly.

The created topic misleads users - given that there is no information in it about the termination of support and the removal of mods from access.

Your arrogance is inappropriate.

In this situation, the responsibility of the administration is to change the subject and notify the users that modification support has been discontinued.

Thanks for the source code of the modification.

I am strongly frustrated with a disregard, arrogant and disdainful attitude towards the users of the engine of your forum.

Thank you.

Have fun with your StoryBB project.

Advertisement: