Upgrading from SMF 2.0.11 to SMF 2.0.15

Started by gogol, October 04, 2018, 06:23:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gogol

Hello,

I've ran through every instruction provided (here) but I've come across a problem is that I cannot run "upgrade.php" -- the page simply doesn't load at all.  Any ideas?

Sir Osis of Liver

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

vbgamer45

I would though install the updates via the package manager. There is no reason to run upgrade.php for minor updates to SMF 2.0.x
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Sir Osis of Liver

- R. Waters

gogol

I have tried but it doesn't seem to work hence I've resorted to doing it manually. What could be the reason that upgrade.php cannot even be ran through the browser?

Arantor

If it can't be located, that would presume it wasn't uploaded, but it's not clear if you get a file-not-found error or a white screen (indicating something went wrong) when you go there...

gogol

Oh, no. I don't get the 404 error (file requested not found) -- the page just doesn't load.

Sir Osis of Liver

Actually, you don't need to run upgrade.php to go from 2.0.11 -> 2.0.15, there weren't any database changes.  Just upload the 2.0.15 files.

- R. Waters

gogol

Okay, okay. I've managed to do a workaround and fixed the Package Manager issue, and installed the patches through the Package Manager -- but now I'm facing another problem, when I upgrade to SMF 2.0.14 (and I'm prompted with the message that the package was successfully installed) -- the forum just stops working afterwards, what do you guys think is happening here?

PS: At first I thought this was due to my PHP version, as it was 5.3 and 2.0.14 needs 5.4+ -- so I've upgraded it, but the issue persists.

vbgamer45

Move it to PHP 5.6 if you have the option. Then after you upgrade to 2.0.15 you can go up to PHP 7.1
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Sir Osis of Liver

On some hosts there's a delay in upping php version, and some report incorrect php version.  Use phpinfo to confirm the version.

- R. Waters

gogol

I've upgraded to PHP 5.6 now and still having the same issue.

PHP 5.6.38 (cli) (built: Sep 12 2018 09:02:11)
Copyright (c) 1997-2016 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.6.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2016 Zend Technologies

Solved: Fixed it through making Apache reload it's configuration. Thanks everyone for the assistance!

Advertisement: