News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Organize Smileys

Started by shadav, September 22, 2019, 03:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadav

I've got to be missing something.....
there's got to be a better way??!?

Trying to organize the smileys, and you have to click on the smiley, wait for the page to load, then click on the arrow where you want it to go, then wait on the page to load again....
there's got to be a better way to do this, drag and drop or multiply selection.... something.... anything.... please help!

also on that note, is there a way to add multiple smileys instead of one by one?

Yes I'm a smiley junky, been collecting them for years.... currently have about 400 :D so trying to add them all and organize them all the way that I want them is getting a bit annoying waiting on page loads and only being able to do them one at a time......

either I missed something somewhere in the settings (which I have been known to do, I have a lot of blonde moments) or is there a mod for this (if not, please someone make one, pretty please with a cherry on top)

ok i'm done now....
thank you for any help or suggestions (Aside from removing half of the smileys lol)

Arantor

No, there isn't a better way in 2.0, sorry.

Most of the drama is caused by the notion of multiple 'smiley sets', and the fact that this all works without JavaScript (because a lot of the smiley stuff was written before AJAX was even invented)

shadav

thank you.... *sighs*

so if i go playing in the db? if I change the smiley's row #, that should move it yes? do I also need to change the order #? I'd assume so as it'd now be in a different location.....

Arantor

Please don't go playing in the DB.

shadav

:laugh: oh common it could be fun  8)  :laugh:  :P

Arantor

No because I don't want to be responsible for fixing it if done incorrectly.

shadav

:laugh: that's what backups are for
*note to self, I need to do another backup*

ok an oddity
as i'm moving them around (no, I'm not playing in the db)
sometimes they randomly reset themselves (maybe I'm doing too much too fast for it to keep track?)
so i'll have line 1, line 2, line 3, line 4....move an item from line 1 to line 3 and they all go crazy and shuffle around..... it's happened 3 times now... doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it, just randomly it does it....

shadav

just a thought..... could it be the cache making it do that? do I need to turn cache off while i'm playing with it?

shadav

ok this is getting really annoying now

I turned off cache, just in case.... and still it's doing it

added some new smileys....moved a few of them and then bam everything got shuffled around..... put everything back the way i wanted it, was almost done and then bam, everything got shuffled around again

any ideas, please.... to fix it, or what's causing it?

I do have the tabbed smiley mod and the Multiple Smiley Aliases, could one of these be causing it or is it my server just not keeping up, I don't know.... I thought it was cache but they aren't going to places they were, they're just randomly being shuffled....and not all of them.....and it's not any one smiley that causes it.... or any one spot that i'm moving them to that causes it.... it's just completely random, luck of the draw
and i'm about to scream :p

any thoughts?

Advertisement: