News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Login after converting

Started by topkurs1, October 11, 2018, 06:16:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

topkurs1

Hello everybody! Nice to meet you :)
I have a problem after converting my board from ipb2 to smf 2.0.
I have used converter from this topic - https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=149092.0
Everything had converted +- normal, only with little problems.

SMF have builed in ipb2-like pass-hash support. When, after convert made, member login to forum, he had to login with it's old password. In DB there is old ipb2-like hash-salt. And with first login, that entry changes to smf-like hash. So that password had converted with first member login.

But now I have such task. I need to change all members hash'es to SMF format. How can I do this? How can I convert in DB all ipb2-like hash-salt to smf-style without member login?

vbgamer45

You can't it occurs on login. The user enters their correct password. It then rehashes it with the SMF format which is used going forward.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

topkurs1

Okay, and if I have non-hashed passwords (e-mail and password), how can I login with all members? Something, like bruteforce to my login page with e-mail+pass one by one?

* I have non-hashed passwords
* I need to convert it to smf-style in DB

Kindred

why can you just not wait for users to log in on their own and update the password the correct way?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

vbgamer45

You can do  for each user

sha1(strtolower($username) . $password)
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Advertisement: