News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Index doesn't work. Boards work.

Started by SaidJan, September 15, 2018, 07:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shawnb61

Quote from: SaidJan on September 17, 2018, 12:39:42 AM
Quote from: albertlast on September 16, 2018, 11:53:39 PM
When you look at the diff between beta 3 and github version: https://github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF2.1/compare/v2.1-beta.3...release-2.1
your notice that 492 files got changed.
to change some files needs to be 492.

Use the nightly upgrade zip: https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=558451.0
and rund the upgrade.php than.

But like always the warning the upgrade from beta3 to github is not offical supported.

Wow, finally nightly update worked.
Thanks so much.
Does this update file gets updated automatically? What do you suggest if I want to update to the GitHub version later (let's say in 1-2 month)?

P.S: Adding a language gives "The Simple Machines site is not responding. Please try again later."

Yes, albertlast's downloadable 2.1 builds are updated nightly. 

If you want to update to the Github version later, then you:
1) Download the package
2) Extract it on top of your existing files
3) Run upgrade.php (just in case there are any db, settings or data fixes in there)

If the language download continues to be an issue, please report again.  I suspect you encountered a temporary issue. 

I'll flag this thread as closed, since you reported the upgrade worked. 
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

lofac

Quote from: GigaWatt on September 17, 2018, 06:29:11 PM
I only use free hosting for testing purposes, upgrades, mod testing, etc. I'm not using it for anything else.

The one I'm currently using is pretty good, cPanel support, 2GB hosting space (total, including databases), 5 databases, 50GB monthly bandwidth, pretty fast FTP (compared to my current paid hosting, 1and1)... not that bad actually ;). It'll suffice for small forums ;).

Could you share which host is this?
Most free hosts have like awful FTP.

GigaWatt

"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

Advertisement: