News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Registration and login outside of smf required.

Started by ciberjeremyxx, October 13, 2018, 09:47:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ciberjeremyxx

Dear SMF community,

My apologies if I am posting this in the wrong place and also if I am asking a question someone else has already answered.

I want to use SMF to setup a private forum, not open to the general public. Therefore, I do not want users landing on my website's homepage to be able to view the homepage of the forum. Therefore, my thinking is to have a homepage on my website (outside of the SMF Forum) that simply allows people to login or register for the forum.

That is, imagining that the forum is located in mysite.com/forum/ [nofollow] when someone accesses mysite.com/forum/ [nofollow] that returns you to mysite.com/index.php [nofollow] because you have not logged in from the homepage.

If possible I want to avoid portals mods since I have my design made without the smf structure and I could not make it compatible.

This is all, I wait your response.
Thanks for your valued time.

Looking

This is possible through some default modifications SMF has, do you know how to edit your page with code?

Kindred

if you have at least a basic amount of coding skill - look at the online manual for using SSI
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: