News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Inconsistent problem with moving posts

Started by KNEEtalk, October 14, 2018, 06:28:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KNEEtalk

Hi
I am in version 2.0.14. I am Administrator, although the Forum is part of a larger site and the whole is managed by a developer. For ages I have been unable to move a post, so the forum has got into a bit of a mess.

A week ago the developer moved the site to a new server, and I suddenly found that I was able to move posts - I was able to tick boxes to the right of the post and then scroll to the bottom to choose the Board where the post should move to. I was so excited that I made a video to show a colleague that we were again able to move posts.

Today I log in as usual as Administrator, and like before I no longer see the tick boxes or the bit at the bottom of the page. I went back to my video and I see them there and can confirm the same version of software.

Please can you advise me where to go from here in solving this mystery?

Arantor

Go to your profile, to look and layout preferences, check what "show quick moderation as..." is set to. If it isn't set to "checkboxes" you might want to set it as that.

KNEEtalk

Arantor, thank you so much. It works fine. I would never have worked that one out! I am really grateful.

Advertisement: