error opening the index

Started by Segnali, October 15, 2018, 09:26:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Segnali

Hi guys, my forum just crashed.

What should I do? This is the error I see:

Bigguy

You'll have to go into phpmyadmin and repair all tables in your database as SMF could not do it. Backup the database first though.

Segnali

Quote from: Bigguy on October 15, 2018, 09:28:36 AM
You'll have to go into phpmyadmin and repair all tables in your database as SMF could not do it. Backup the database first though.

Should I use a backup from now or would it be already damaged?

Luckily I did a back up just yesterday. I do it twice a month, but I have never seen this error. Was an attachment the issue?

Thank you

Bigguy

It looks like it yes. I would not use the backup. Just repair it from phpmyadmin. It should be fine after that. Than you can go into the admin panel and check out the attachments and see what is going on.

Segnali

Quote from: Bigguy on October 15, 2018, 09:37:01 AM
It looks like it yes. I would not use the backup. Just repair it from phpmyadmin. It should be fine after that. Than you can go into the admin panel and check out the attachments and see what is going on.

I have never repaired a db, I can try...if I find the instructions on Google :)

Thank you

Segnali

easy!!

Forum is back online but I see a warning related to the attachment row, should I worry?

Thank you

Arantor

No, that's probably fine. Do a find/repair from forum admin just to verify that that number is right.

Bigguy

Segnali

Quote from: Arantor on October 15, 2018, 09:55:28 AM
No, that's probably fine. Do a find/repair from forum admin just to verify that that number is right.

could you please tell me where is that function?

Thans

Bigguy

Admin panel....forum....attachments & avatars...file maintenance. Check things out in there.

Illori

Quote from: Bigguy on October 15, 2018, 10:45:59 AM
Admin panel....forum....attachments & avatars...file maintenance. Check things out in there.
that is not what Arantor is talking about, he is talking about the database find/repair.

Bigguy

I shoulda read it more closely, sorry for that.

Segnali

Quote from: Illori on October 15, 2018, 10:46:50 AM
Quote from: Bigguy on October 15, 2018, 10:45:59 AM
that is not what Arantor is talking about, he is talking about the database find/repair.

I really cannot find that  :-[

Shambles

Admin >> Maintenance >> Forum Maintenance >> Routine >> Find & Repair any Errors .. Run Task Now

Segnali

Quote from: Sh@mbles on October 16, 2018, 07:27:07 AM
Admin >> Maintenance >> Forum Maintenance >> Routine >> Find & Repair any Errors .. Run Task Now

Thank you, it seems there were no errors.

So I guess problem solved, although I wonder how to prevent it from happening again. Is it possible ???

Thank you all of you.  :)

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: