News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Bug Reports: running the latest SMF 2.1 with pgsql

Started by i-SPN, October 17, 2018, 02:27:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

i-SPN

When I pull my smf forum to the latest github now, it complaints such a probem.

Database: PostgreSQL 9.5 server/client
php version: 7.2
SMF branch:
https://github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF2.1
release-2.1

[Error Reproduction]

1. upgrade

$ doas git pull

2. use browser to open the forum, it shows error:

ERROR: relation "smf_board_permissions_view" does not exist LINE 9: ... 3) AND EXISTS (SELECT DI    STINCT bpv.id_board FROM smf_board_... ^

3. downgrade and the error disappears:

$ doas git reset --hard f9b50ba2c
HEAD is now at f9b50ba2c Merge pull request #4746 from albertlast/removeSizeCheck

Now open the forum with a browser, it is normal.

I am sure I have never modified the database installed by SMF automatically.

So I ran the commit points got from github and found the error occured at point af31e40,
2b43e54 and the commit points before are OK.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

i-SPN

Quote from: Kindred on October 17, 2018, 03:11:52 AM
Did you run upgrade.php?

No.

I backup the forum code and try to run other/upgrade.php and get lots of more errors so I stop continuing, then I recover the forum code back again.

Kindred

The re are changes between nightly versions sometimes,  because we are not yet at a stable release. Database may change
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

albertlast

Sound like you place the upgrade files wrong,
i recomand to use my nightly upgrade pack: https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=558451.0
the call here of the upgrade.php should be work mutch smoother

shawnb61

Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Advertisement: