uploading MySQL database to a new host

Started by az_mufti, October 18, 2018, 08:54:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

az_mufti

my site was hosted at ixwebhosting that is closed for good. They asked me to download the backups. Now i bought hosting at Godaddy. following the steps i have uploaded my backups but cannot import database via myphpadmin plz help

GigaWatt

What's the error that phpMyAdmin generates? Did you make the backup via phpMyAdmin on your previous host, or via a custom site/database backup tool?
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

Sir Osis of Liver

How large is the database?  phpmyadmin will often timeout without error, it just spins it's wheels and db doesn't import.  GoDaddy has two backup/restore utilities, depending on whether you're on an older or newer server.  If your backup is .sql (not zipped) you may be able to restore it using their utility.

Whatever posessed you to move to GoDaddy?  They're one of the worst hosts around. :P

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

az_mufti

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on October 18, 2018, 05:18:43 PM
How large is the database?  phpmyadmin will often timeout without error, it just spins it's wheels and db doesn't import.  GoDaddy has two backup/restore utilities, depending on whether you're on an older or newer server.  If your backup is .sql (not zipped) you may be able to restore it using their utility.

Whatever posessed you to move to GoDaddy?  They're one of the worst hosts around. :P

you are absolutely right. I have restored my database. I got a dummy account at another host and database was uploaded in one go. As for the next step i had to run repair_settings.php but fail to do so getting error 500
any clue

Sir Osis of Liver

That's a server error, look in server error log.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Looking

QuoteNow i bought hosting at Godaddy
* Worried face *

Advertisement: