Discord Web Hooks

Started by vbgamer45, October 21, 2018, 12:26:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD-X

Quote from: shaggyze on June 11, 2019, 05:26:13 PM
getting an error saying package-info.xml not found! when uploading
puu.sh/DEJlX/d1f571659d.zip
though it does contain package-info.xml and i did use the right smf version when uploading it, however i did open the zip as soon as it downloaded to desktop an extracted your original .zip into a folder due to just plain lazyness an created a new .zip on desktop from that folder in which i installed... so that may have been the reason/problem to begin with, which as i said i think i may have installed it twice somehow...
(might have deleted it without uninstalling it)

each time i try uninstalling and reinstalling it still posts to discord twice so i'm not sure what i can do to fix the mistake already made.

using your original zip on smfhacks.com/smf-package-parser.html worked without an error so i'll try uninstalling and reinstalling the correct package here in a minute

Edit:
using your original package still results in double posts so need to find the file that was edited that probably now has two crucial edits causing it to be posted twice.
Uninstall the mod completely, and make sure no SMF integration hooks exist if on SMF 2.1. Also delete the package from your server's FTP completely, and do a search of your database to remove any references to the mod. Once your board is completely clean of it, download a new copy of the mod, upload it, and install it as is. If you are still getting double messages, either something is configured wrong, or you have a bug that no one else has seen or reported yet.

njtweb

What specifically does this do?

SychO

Posts forum notifications(new posts/topics and new registrations) to your Discord server.
Checkout My Themes:
-

Potato  •  Ackerman  •  SunRise  •  NightBreeze

njtweb

Kolya

This works great. I got a non-fatal error with a guest creating a new topic though:
Undefined index: discord_guest
File: /Sources/discord2.php
Line: 218

Kolya

Another small problem is that links to posts don't work. They only lead to the topic.

A link as generated by the mod: /index.php?topic=10839.msg=129442
Actual working link to that post: /index.php?topic=10839.msg129442#msg129442

vbgamer45

!Fixed message link in postings to include anchor links.
!Fixed case of username guest language string not being loaded.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Kolya

Well that was a quick response! Thank you for the fixes. :)

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

adapa

Quote from: SychO on July 18, 2019, 12:40:47 PM
Posts forum notifications(new posts/topics and new registrations) to your Discord server.

any thoughts to going the reverse way?
I'd love to have discord posts appear in my forum.

vbgamer45

Might be possible with the api https://discordapp.com/developers/docs/resources/channel#get-channel-messages
Not sure how you control it though since discord is more of chat system. So can hit your forum with tons of posts...

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Jelle Mees

It doesn't seem to tag the groupmembers on Discord.
For example, we have a group called "Member".
And I let the mod post this message:
@Member
But it posts it as regular text without actually pinging the users in the group "Member".

SD-X

Quote from: Jelle Mees on February 07, 2020, 03:17:26 PM
It doesn't seem to tag the groupmembers on Discord.
For example, we have a group called "Member".
And I let the mod post this message:
@Member
But it posts it as regular text without actually pinging the users in the group "Member".
It might not be built to support those types of messages. I've seen Discord bots before that don't have that support built into their custom commands, and it causes the text to be sent without the mention too.

LG965

Fantastic mod!
it would be even better if you could connect each board separately to a discord channel.

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

kilk

Vbgamer is on a roll, so many badass mods! Thank you for all your hard work!
Elddem The MMORPG - https://www.elddem.com | Denarius (D) Cryptocurrrency - https://www.denarius.io | BlockForums - Cryptocurrency Community Forums - https://www.blockforums.org

Sectomy

Hi,
just a question, does it always post if theres a new "post" (reply) or only new topic ?
would be cool if theres only a "new topic" switch , i dont wanna know all replies, just the topic...is that possible ?
best regards
andi

vbgamer45

options for both

post on reply
post on new topic

you can customize them

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Sectomy

Quote from: LG965 on June 01, 2020, 05:27:02 PM
Fantastic mod!
it would be even better if you could connect each board separately to a discord channel.
yeah, that would be awsome, or maybe is it possible to modificate the pakage, so you can install 2 of the mods (maybe change the name?) so you can choose this Board Topics belong to Channel 1 and Notifications of Board 2 belongs to channel 2.....

JUNK de LUXE

would it be possible to get a setting to toggle on/off link embedding?

When the bot pushes to my Discord channel the link is embedded and tells the user to "log in" instead of showing a preview of the topic.

A secondary solution would be if it showed an actual preview of the topic instead of telling the user to log in.

See image for clarification

Advertisement: