News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Discord Web Hooks

Started by vbgamer45, October 21, 2018, 12:26:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

Would have to see if there is a setting for that. It shows that text since that topic is off limits to the discord bot when it tries to view the page as text
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

JUNK de LUXE

I've looked it up and if the link is surrounded by <>-signs like this:

<www.link.tld>

then it should disable the embedding.

vbgamer45

Hmm ok that's a little tricky would have to pull out of links/convert html to that
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

JUNK de LUXE

do it if you want to, and if not I'll survive :)

we're only a small buddies discord and nothing fancy.

another solution might be if it's somehow possible for the bot to be a user of the forum so it can show the previews.. hmm.

SilverKnight

Thank you, this is pretty great

Anger22

Love this mod. Would it be possible to add a feature to allow different boards to be connected to different webhooks? I have many restricted boards that only certain members should see. It would be cool if "admin boards" for example could be connected to a different webhook, so those comments only post to the "admin" discord channels.

vbgamer45

It would be possible just takes time to add.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

SilverKnight

I second this option, to provide more purpose, if you could setup a table like structure where you could direct posts from smf -> a certain discord channel, it would greatly expand it's purpose. I'll buy you a coffee if you need an incentive? :)

Anger22

I'd also be willing to throw a few bucks at it  8)

vbgamer45

Ok well i might just work on it then. Settings per board level.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

vbgamer45

Update:
+Added options to set custom discord post urls on a board level

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Anger22

Working flawlessly as far as I can tell. Thank you for your work! Where can I send a contribution?

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

SilverKnight

Would like to see Botname per custom webhook too, would make it interesting to stylise individual discord channels.

Have you also considered doing a discord -> SMF forum mod e.g. when a message is done in discord, it's created in a thread or as a new thread? That would provide a true integration experience.

vbgamer45

I have thought about discord to SMF, have to look at the API some more to see how it is possible.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

SilverKnight

Tried to setup an individual hook in a child board and not seeing it trigger the webhook, is there something else we need to do to make it trigger?

vbgamer45

You have to make sure the board is selected on the main page as well of the settings.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

SilverKnight

Quote from: vbgamer45 on January 19, 2021, 09:41:56 PM
You have to make sure the board is selected on the main page as well of the settings.

Seems to work if you do that, thanks.

Any chance of also getting prettyurl support for the outputs?

Advertisement: