News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Users Online gone crazy?

Started by Yikesfactor, October 21, 2018, 11:15:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yikesfactor

My Users Online is set to 15 minutes.

Yet it is displaying something like 6 hours. It doesn't matter value what you put in there, it displays the same.

This has changed over the last 24 hours, where previously it was showing 15 minutes.

Anyone know what might be going on?

There has been no changes to the code recently, and no changes to mods.

Version 2.0.15

Used phpBB before, new to SMF.

I know enough to be dangerous.
Breaking things is my specialty.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Could you give us an URL to see what is happening?
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Yikesfactor

Version 2.0.15

Sir Osis of Liver

It's set for 15 minutes, but users aren't timing out.  Sure you didn't change anything?
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Yikesfactor

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on October 22, 2018, 12:33:08 AM
It's set for 15 minutes, but users aren't timing out.  Sure you didn't change anything?

I actually had no internet during the time it changed.

There was 4 emails saying SMF could not access the database, all within the same minute. So a hickup at the host end could have occurred. But I wasn't online at the time.
Version 2.0.15

Sir Osis of Liver

I believe that info is in smf_log_online, it's compiled by Subs-MembersOnline.php.  You could try emptying the table, after exporting a backup.  That should clear the active list.

- R. Waters

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

From memory, so not completely accurate this -try to run Admin -> Maint -> Routine -> Empty out unimportant logs, and Empty the file cache.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Yikesfactor

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on October 22, 2018, 01:23:15 AM
From memory, so not completely accurate this -try to run Admin -> Maint -> Routine -> Empty out unimportant logs, and Empty the file cache.

That fixed it. :)
Version 2.0.15

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

aegersz

can anyone help me on this - I love the OP's red background but how is it done ?

I'm hoping for a simple CSS change somewhere ... can any body throw me a bone, please ?
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

I believe the backdrop is an image, should be in /Curve/images I think.
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Yikesfactor

Quote from: aegersz on October 22, 2018, 04:45:41 AM
can anyone help me on this - I love the OP's red background but how is it done ?

I'm hoping for a simple CSS change somewhere ... can any body throw me a bone, please ?

backdrop.png in /Themes/default/images/theme.

Just slide an alternative colour file over the top.
Version 2.0.15

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: Yikesfactor on October 22, 2018, 06:49:06 AM

That's right, that's what I get for posting before my morning coffee.
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Yikesfactor

Interesting side effect.

Most Online Today: 61. Most Online Ever: 501

The today value is correct.

The most online value though, is the rogue value when it was not recognizing not being active. So it's actually very wrong by a factor of 3.

But I guess this one cant be fixed?
Version 2.0.15

aegersz

Quote from: Yikesfactor on October 22, 2018, 06:49:06 AM

you sir, are a legend. i kinda remember that SMF base their color schemes off images rather than a simple colors as i made my main page a little purple that way.

Thanks for being so helpful, now i'll spend HOURS trying to find the right color, ha.
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: Yikesfactor on October 22, 2018, 11:34:11 PM
Interesting side effect.

Most Online Today: 61. Most Online Ever: 501

The today value is correct.

The most online value though, is the rogue value when it was not recognizing not being active. So it's actually very wrong by a factor of 3.

But I guess this one cant be fixed?
It can be fixed, I am sure.
But that would take a little dabbling with the stats in the database, and from the top of my head, can't say I remember where the number is held exactly.
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Sir Osis of Liver

Believe it's in smf_log_activity, most_on, but changed it on test install and it had no effect.

It's in smf_settings, look for mostOnline.

- R. Waters

shawnb61

I had to fix mine once due to a similar issue.  Some user went haywire & threw all the stats off somehow. 

Yes, the raw data is stored in smf_log_activity.

IIRC, the "most" data is in the smf_settings table - a few settings that start with "most". 
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Advertisement: