News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Just updated - boards not visible to guests.

Started by Bigguy, October 26, 2018, 09:38:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigguy

I am attaching screenshots cause I don't get this myself. I just updated to the latest from GH. When I log in I can see everything. When I log out I can't. I have tried this in two browsers and it's the same. I have done css edits and installed a mod or two but for the life of me I can not figure why the boards will not show.

live627

I think board permissions were changed recently... did you run upgrade.php?

Bigguy

Bigguy

There was a new checkbox during upgrade which I did not select. Something about a new settings.php file. ???

live627

I'm too tired right now to look into it. Maybe someone else can take this one?

Bigguy

No problem. I understand that. I'll see what I can do. Who knows maybe it's something I did.

Bigguy

It's all back to normal. I will update this thread a bit later on.

wintstar

Quote from: Bigguy on October 26, 2018, 09:54:45 PM
There was a new checkbox during upgrade which I did not select. Something about a new settings.php file. ???
You should update the Settings.php. There were also some changes in this file.
Regards Stephan

,,In order for the possible to come into being, the impossible must be attempted again and again."
Hermann Hesse (1877-1962)

My HomepageMy Board - My Atelier

Bigguy

Arantor

Every change made to SMF: https://github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF2.1/commits/release-2.1

No, there isn't a super handy dandy guide to every change made along the way because that would more than double the actual development time and is part of the reason that people are discouraged from trying out 2.1 unless they understand the consequences (namely: that updating is going to be a tedious and somewhat manual affair that can easily involve looking at the actual code to see what's changed and how to apply it, at least pre-RC)

Bigguy

wintstar

Regards Stephan

,,In order for the possible to come into being, the impossible must be attempted again and again."
Hermann Hesse (1877-1962)

My HomepageMy Board - My Atelier

Bigguy

I guess I will do another update in a day or two. Thank you for the link.

Advertisement: