2.1 stats

Started by Bigguy, October 22, 2018, 08:08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GigaWatt

Don't know ???. I was actually kinda curios myself, since in both cases, Bigguy's and mine, the second most active topic starter was missing from the stats ???. Not the first, not the last, but the second one ???.

Maybe live627 can shed some light on the subject ;).
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

albertlast

let me bringt light to the dark,
for $reason we pull/query the top 20 topic starter guys (ther user id).

In the next query we call the userdata from this (mostly ther username),
but with the limit of 10.

This get us to the "funny" state that we know what the highest count of topic starter is,
because we get this from the first query,
but the name get lost because we only show $random 10 of 20 without order.

when you look at the pr of me,
you see needed changes are low: https://github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF2.1/pull/5091/files

GigaWatt

Quote from: albertlast on October 27, 2018, 03:31:43 AM
let me bringt light to the dark,
for $reason we pull/query the top 20 topic starter guys (ther user id).

In the next query we call the userdata from this (mostly ther username),
but with the limit of 10.

This get us to the "funny" state that we know what the highest count of topic starter is,
because we get this from the first query,
but the name get lost because we only show $random 10 of 20 without order.

Yeah, but in both cases, the second most active thread opener was missing, that's not random ???.

Sorry. Actually in Bigguy's case, the second most active thread opener was missing, in my case the most active thread opener was missing.
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

Advertisement: