Redirect users who try to view site under maintenance

Started by albin2009, October 24, 2018, 08:58:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

albin2009

Is there anyway to redirect all users trying to view the site, while im building the website?
I wana direct these people to facebook. And I dont really wana use maintenance mode unless there is a way to display a customer page for maintenance.

Kindred

anything is possible, if you know how to code it.

Realistically.... no.   

Just put the board in maintenance and change the maintenance message to match your desired text,
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

That's actually really dangerous because you might find through circumstance that you're no longer able to get to the login page to login to take it out of maintenance...

DorianG

That actually sounds nasty. Cheers for the heads up, Arantor. Just out of curiosity, what do you do in that case?

Arantor

Sir Osis of Liver

If you lock yourself out of maintenance mode, you can reset it in Settings.php.  Change setting back to $maintenance = 0;.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Kindred

depends on if you are doing the redirect, as the OP asked for.... in that case, it is likely that the redirect is taking place outside of SMF and could indeed lock you out of your own site.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: