News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

error during upgrade from 1.1.21 to 2.0.15

Started by LPChip, October 28, 2018, 02:56:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LPChip

Yeah... apparently not. I tried the repair_settings.php as one of the first things, but aside of it giving me an a-okay on my settings, there's no apply or save button to commit changes. It may be missing due to a language file problem too, but in any case, that didn't work for me.

Illori

that means it could not write to the Settings.php file.

Sir Osis of Liver

Try the attached, it's a version I modded for my own use.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

LPChip

Oh interesting. I will give it a try later tonight and report back later.

LPChip

And I tried the new repair_Settings.php file. It does and does not work...

It works in the sense that I can now indeed use it and save. But it does not work in the sense that it does not repair any database entries, which is where my problem relies. The problem is in the smf_themes table in the database.

In order to fix my issue now, I have made sure the paths were correct first through the site, then made an export of that particular table.

I can now simply do the following:
- Clear the entire database
- Import the export from the latest version of the old install
- Drop the table smf_themes
- Import the smf_themes backup that works

And presto, the upgrade.php now works.

And yes, I could fire up my phpmyadmin and manually repair the entries, but this is quicker.

I also added the drop table statement to the export so it really refreshes that table and I don't have to manually drop it myself.

Sir Osis of Liver

I've run into that at least once, where repair_settings did not return theme paths.  Don't remember what caused it, fixed theme paths manually in db to get around it.

- R. Waters

Kindred

Usually that happens when the Database information is incorrect.

use repair_settings.php
make sure all of the paths and urls to the core are correct
make sure the database info is correct.

SAVE (you may have to exist the script and restart)

at that point, the themes and attachments info usually shows up.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

LPChip

Tried every variation mentioned here, it will just not detect the themes, but all the other information regarding db etc is all correct.

Illori

LPChip

I can't give that at the moment because I'm already too far ahead in the migration, and given that I already have my way to do this, I would actually have to undo many changes.

I can give you access to the current public site, but that doesn't have the repair_settings.php on it.

Illori

you should never leave repair_settings.php on the server beyond the time you are using it.

LPChip

Illori

i want to see the forum to check what is going on, i dont want to see the repair_settings.php file.

LPChip

The place where I am ready for the upgrade will fail to load because I uploaded the upgrade package. I can link you to the old forum and the new forum, but not the one where the problem exists.

Sir Osis of Liver

Have you searched _settings table for all occurences of old path?

- R. Waters

LPChip

Okay, so tonight I performed the migration, and there was this moment where I needed to use the repair_settings.php file once more...

Strangely, this time all the paths are there, including the theme, avatar and other stuff. I have really no idea why it wasn't there before.

Kindred

I am telling you -- no matter what your THINK -- if the database information and paths in Settings.php are not correct, you have to fix those first. The fields stored in the database will not show up on the list until repair_settings.php can successfully connect to the database.

regardless. I'm glad you have it working.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

LPChip

I'm 100000% sure the settings.php was correct the entire time. But it doesn't matter, the forum is migrated now and all is well... Although I did run into the weird session check that kept me from logging in after the final switch. For now I removed that check by commenting out the row and will run the forum for a week to see if I get other weird stuff. The old forum is one command away from being switched back to if it seems there's an unrecoverable error I completely missed, which does mean I will go back one week in time, but that's something I can live with and also something I don't expect to see happen.

In a week I will put that security check back in place and see if the forum magically works. I had no problem with it during the migration and development so it may be some cookie that gone bad, even though I did use the repair_settings.php and changed the cookie value.

Advertisement: