News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

WYSIWYG Editor - Can't Align

Started by Nati9, November 05, 2018, 01:56:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nati9

Hi, guys.

I'm having a bit of an issue with my forum.
I enabled the WYSIWYG editor in my forum, but I can't align anything (text/image).

For example, I will write:
TEXT,
and align it to the center, what I should get is this:
TEXT

But what I actually get, is this:
[size=78%]TEXT[/size]

Assuming I will use the BBcode itself :
[center]TEXT[/center]

It will work, but with the WYSIWYG it just doesn't. All other things work just fine in the WYSIWYG editor though (bold, underline, sup, sub, etc.)
What could be the problem?

Thank a lot,
Nati.

Arantor

The WYSIWYG editor is buggy, so buggy that in the upcoming 2.1, it was totally replaced with one that actually works.

Nati9

I see.

So what can I do? will updating to 2.1 fix this issue?

drewactual

it's just my opinion but it comes down to how serious you are taking your forum, and if it warrants a bit of $ deposit...

for a few dollars you can install one of two (that i know of) editors- one from SMFPacks and the other SMFHacks- both match up to the one used in 2.1 from what i understand.

Nati9

Quote from: drewactual on November 05, 2018, 02:02:25 PM
it's just my opinion but it comes down to how serious you are taking your forum, and if it warrants a bit of $ deposit...

for a few dollars you can install one of two (that i know of) editors- one from SMFPacks and the other SMFHacks- both match up to the one used in 2.1 from what i understand.

I won't mind spending a few dollars as long as it will work well,
but here's the thing:

My knowledge comes down to HTML and CSS, basically that's it, so after around a week of tweeking with the theme to make it match the website, I'm just worried that installing those will affect the theme itself.

EDIT:
Also, thank you both for the quick replies.

Arantor

The official line is thus:
* don't use WYSIWYG, it is broken and hasn't kept up with browser changes
* 2.1 isn't suitable for production use but use at own risk
* paid mods are use at own risk

Unofficially: I wouldn't trust anything from SMFPacks.

Nati9

Quote from: Arantor on November 05, 2018, 02:13:28 PM
The official line is thus:
* don't use WYSIWYG, it is broken and hasn't kept up with browser changes
* 2.1 isn't suitable for production use but use at own risk
* paid mods are use at own risk

Unofficially: I wouldn't trust anything from SMFPacks.
Fair enough.

Thanks for the help, guys!  :)

drewactual

nah- it won't... it'll plug right up and fit right in.  it's more than a little nicer than the one out of the SMF box, according to my users.

@arantor:  I've several packages from Packs... what gives you pause with them?  I also have several from Hacks- and i find them both well done and both with good support.  i also think it's pretty slick that SMF and their expertise with it allows them opportunity to make a few bucks on the side doing what they do.

Arantor

What gives me pause? I could write essays on the issues I've had with Nibogo's development over the years and essentially how little effort goes in.

I did like the time he forked SMF, added his mods (and some other mods off the community site) and tried to sell it as a new forum platform for $70 a licence.

drewactual

ah- gotcha... a pirate... arghhhhh..... not cool in this case.

Advertisement: