News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

CleanTek

Started by Crip, October 13, 2008, 08:27:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crip

u can try adding your image exact : Width: <=> Height: via your .../css/index.css
I have become comfortably numb!

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.
   - Abraham Lincoln -

TOTM Winner. | Demo Site1on1 Theme Support

Duffield1

That has worked wonderfully, thank you!  However, as is always the case with SMF, it has created another problem, which is that in the second line of 'news' only the top half of the text appears!
Trying to make the world a more intelligent place one question at a time! www.intelligentanswers.co.uk

Crip

You can adjust the News: via css/index.css Top or Left..

- Abraham Lincoln -

Duffield1

Trying to make the world a more intelligent place one question at a time! www.intelligentanswers.co.uk

Dave J

Hi,

Love the theme and have set it as forum default.

I have a problem with the background

In IE10 or 11 the background is black, in Firefox it's the right colour blue. Also the buttons are rounded in IE and square in FF. See screenshots below.

Any idea how to fix it in both please?

NOTE: Please don't someone say stop using IE I've heard it all before and some people do not have a choice what they use and are lumbered with it.
If you want quizzes to add to the new SMF2.1 quiz mod go here . There are also walkthroughs in the forum to explain how to install them and other tips.

Crip

I do not know what's up with that (ie)  I have never heard it here as a problem so , your guess is as good as mine..?

- Abraham Lincoln -

Dave J

I have just found out Crip died on January 2nd 2014.

RIP Crip.

So unless someone from his site i.e. Maxx takes over this thread there there may not be any other support for this theme.
If you want quizzes to add to the new SMF2.1 quiz mod go here . There are also walkthroughs in the forum to explain how to install them and other tips.

GigaWatt

May he rest in peace :'(. I just read this and I've been modding the guys theme for about a month now, so... I had no idea.

There is a bit of a problem with the upper right corner login (login2) in SMF 2.0.15. I've manager to fix it with a tip from this thread.

https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=553910.0

Change the following code in the index.template.php file of the theme.

Original:

<input type="hidden" name="hash_passwrd" value="" />

Modded:

<input type="hidden" name="', $context['session_var'], '" value="', $context['session_id'], '" />

Hope this helps any new users of this theme :).
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

Dave J

Thanks for the PM and thanks for the theme fix too. I wil apply them later and feedback if there are any issues

Update: I've just checked my template file and I already have this fix in place and the file was last updated in May last year.

<input type="hidden" name="', $context['session_var'], '" value="', $context['session_id'], '" />

GigaWatt

Hmmm... strange. I downloaded the theme form the themes site... just like any other theme... and the fix wasn't applied with the default pack. Maybe I downloaded an older version ???.

OK, I downloaded the theme pack again (cleantek_20g.zip), opened up index.template.php in Notepad... the fix is not applied.

"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

Dave J

Now that is odd. I have looked back through the thread to see if the answer was given previously but can't see anything, I've also checked my PM's and there is nothing there either.

The problem still exists though in older versions of IE, which we have to use a work as it's the corporate default browser, at home I now use Firefox so no issues.

GigaWatt

Well, anyway, the workaround is posted, so... if anyone has issues using this theme, just apply the fix in index.template.php ;).

GigaWatt

Here's how to add a Search button next to the Seach box in the quick search (search2).

In index.template.php of the theme, find this code.

<form action="', $scripturl, '?action=search2" method="post" accept-charset="', $context['character_set'], '">
<input class="inputbox" type="text" name="search" value="', $txt['search'], '..." onfocus="this.value = \'\';" onblur="if(this.value==\'\') this.value=\'', $txt['search'], '...\';" />';

Replace it with this.

<form action="', $scripturl, '?action=search2" method="post" accept-charset="', $context['character_set'], '">
<input class="inputbox" type="text" name="search" value="', $txt['search'], '..." onfocus="this.value = \'\';" onblur="if(this.value==\'\') this.value=\'', $txt['search'], '...\';" />
<input type="submit" value="', $txt['search'], '" class="button_submit" />';

Done ;).

Skhilled

As requested, this theme has been updated to include the session timeout fix. You can download the updated from The Crip Zone here:

https://www.jpr62.com/theme/index.php?action=downloads;sa=myfiles;u=1506

Dave J

Quote from: Skhilled on October 28, 2019, 07:05:30 AM
As requested, this theme has been updated to include the session timeout fix. You can download the updated from The Crip Zone here:

https://www.jpr62.com/theme/index.php?action=downloads;sa=myfiles;u=1506

Thanks Steve

Skhilled

No problem! I you need others fixed, just ask. :) SMF 2.0.16 should fix this problem but I can update the themes while we wait.

Advertisement: