News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Allow Admins To See User Activity In Real Time

Started by Eagle31, December 18, 2018, 02:47:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagle31

Hello, years ago when I used VB forum software I could see what thread my logged in users were looking at or if the were sending private messages. Can this be done in SMF ?

Edited title to remove all caps ... please avoid using all caps. Thanks. ~ Steve

SpacePhoenix

It appears to exist (at least in 2.0.15). For this forum it's located at https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?action=who so you'd need to alter the url for your forum. As to permissions for who can view it I've not looked into it

Edited title to remove all caps ~ Steve

njtweb

Quote from: Eagle31 on December 18, 2018, 02:47:26 AM
Hello, years ago when I used VB forum software I could see what thread my logged in users were looking at or if the were sending private messages. Can this be done in SMF ?

Edited title to remove all caps ... please avoid using all caps. Thanks. ~ Steve

Click the "Users Online" link at the bottom of your forum, it's a built in feature. There's also a mod which will allow you to see who is actively viewing the same topic you are currently viewing.

Advertisement: