Signup from Social Media Profiles

Started by ikramkhan, November 04, 2018, 07:36:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ikramkhan

Hello,

I want to allow the members of my "coming soon" SMF forum to sign up using the Facebook, Twitter or Google Plus account. Kindly tell me which mod is available for this? I want to apply that on my demo forum and when everything is fine I will apply that on my main forum.

Thanks.

d3vcho

"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

ikramkhan

That is great. Will I be able to check which members are registered with their social profiles?
Will I be able to check their social profiles?

Actually, I want that the people who join my forum from social media profile, I can invite them in my Facebook group and Facebook page.

Biology Forums

All of those things are possible with this mod. See my site as an example

ikramkhan

Quote from: Study Force on November 19, 2018, 02:11:47 PM
All of those things are possible with this mod. See my site as an example

thank you...
I have installed this plugin now... The picture is attached below.
I want these login options center aligned and one option per line. How can I do that?

Biology Forums

Very little can be done to the style given how it's implemented, unfortunately.

landyvlad

Indeed.  Social Login is a third party service, with the SMF mod being the means of implementing it on your forum.
The look and feel of the logon section (as shown in the image) is controlled by social login, not SMF and not your forum css.
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

Bigguy

njtweb

Save yourself the headache. Facebook changes their developer apps ALL the time. As Bigguy stated G+ is ending. And you can't change the configuration. There's also another one available for sale by one of the SMF 3rd party developers. DO NOT get tricked into buying it. The support is awful, they just direct you to their forum or to the support pages they have.

vbgamer45

I agree I don't think it is worth it. api's change services come and go then they loose access to their account and you have no way to contact them.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Biology Forums

I had a beautiful setup with oneall. What I did was prgram it to send a PM to the member with his/her auto-generated password and email address as soon as they registered. now that I have gone over their limit (sadly), I still see many of those members log in normally using their email address and password. no harm, no foul.

Advertisement: