Double line space appearing in posts after paragraphs

Started by Sunshine Meadows, November 08, 2018, 05:46:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunshine Meadows

Hi I am hoping someone here can help me with this please.

I recently added a new theme and so have been editing the CSS for that theme. I have not edited the CSS on the old Default theme. The issue I am reporting exists on both themes. I know enough about the tech side of things to put the forum up, upgrade it and add themes which I can edit. I have little knowledge of things like HTML except being able to look at it on a web page by right clicking and choosing source.

I just noticed an issue with line spacing on my forum. It might have existed for a long time and because there were so few posts no one noticed until I came back from time away. I have written out an example below to illustrate what happens.

If I type something like this

Then this and and some more words

And then post it it looks like

This

If I type something like this

Then this and and some more words

And then post it it looks like

I copied what I have just wrote here in the in the white edit box to the white edit box on my forum and it came out like this http://ouchtoo.org/index.php?topic=10318.0

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Are you using the WYSIWYG -editor?
Have you tried if this happens without it?

Edit: corrected a typo.
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Arantor

Sunshine Meadows

Thank you both here is a link to a thread we have been using to look at the issue. You will need to scroll down.

http://ouchtoo.org/index.php?topic=10318.0

I just tested out unticking the WYSIWYG option and the issue of double spacing no longer occurs. Is there a way to fix this that does not include leaving WYSIWYG disabled? It is just it is easier to post picture and website addresses using that setting.

:)

PS what does no follow that is coming up after the link I posted do?

Illori

the WYSIWYG editor has many bugs, so many that it has been completely replaced in SMF 2.1. we are not fixing the issues in SMF 2.0.

Sunshine Meadows

Okay thank you for letting me know.

Can you give advice over whether or not a WYSIWYG post editor mod that I have seen for sale would resolve the issue>

Thank you to all the people who are involved in the creation, upgrading and maintenance Simple Machines Forums without you my website could not exist and nor would everything I have learned in using it.

:)

Illori

I have not used any of them, so I cant say if they work or how well they work.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: sunshinemeadows on November 08, 2018, 07:59:18 AM
PS what does no follow that is coming up after the link I posted do?

It is just a visual indication that your link has been tagged so that bots etc. won't follow it. It is part of our toolset to try and reduce spam. Over time and further posts, your links will turn to normal. :)
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: