News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Elkarte to SMF

Started by Cathal, August 25, 2018, 05:14:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cathal

Can anyone tell me how hard it would be to move from Elkarte to SMF
Basically just copying the boards, topics and messages (everything else I don't mind setting up again) - I have no issue getting down and dirty with the DB, but the question is more to do with any differences in the way the aforementioned are different between the two forums and if I would run into any issue basically just importing the data?
The big one would be any user preferences, time zone, signature etc.

Thanks.

Illori

we dont have a method available to convert back to SMF from Elkarte.

Cathal

Quote from: Illori on August 25, 2018, 05:22:03 PM

Guess I will have to look at the DB structure and see how much work it would be.

SychO

Quote from: Cathal on August 25, 2018, 05:37:30 PM
Quote from: Illori on August 25, 2018, 05:22:03 PM

Guess I will have to look at the DB structure and see how much work it would be.

Elkarte is based on SMF, so I think the db structure should be similar, unless heavy changes were made.

I don't know for sure though
Checkout My Themes:
-

Potato  •  Ackerman  •  SunRise  •  NightBreeze

vbgamer45

Similar shouldn't be hard to copy the main structure over.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

EthanR

I considered going to Elkarte but held back, would you mind sharing your reasons why Elkarte didnt work out?

albertlast

You should got in mind that the database schema design is something between smf 2.0 and 2.1

shinglis

Quote from: EthanR on September 05, 2018, 06:00:58 PM
I considered going to Elkarte but held back, would you mind sharing your reasons why Elkarte didnt work out?

Similar .. Elkarte seems to have the functionality of SMF 2.1 but for some reason or maybe just laziness didn't make the switch and continue to hold out for 2.1

Cathal

Quote from: EthanR on September 05, 2018, 06:00:58 PM

Far more designs/addons here than Elkarte - seems to be less development with the addons

Advertisement: