slow upgrading

Started by chelseaphil, November 12, 2018, 04:34:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chelseaphil

At the moment and after 30mins my upgrade from 1.21 to 2.0.15 has not got past 4% or the first table (ads) whilst backing up the sql. The database is over 500meg. Would this be the reason for the time it is taking?

chelseaphil

Well, after nearly two hours nothing has happened. If I stop the process and not check the backup box do you think that will work?

vbgamer45

I would try backup via a different way instead such as phpmyadmin or adminer
Then skip that part in the upgrade process table.
The ads table is not part of SMF by default.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

chelseaphil

Hi, Thanks for the help. I have a full backup of the DB. I have tried what you suggested and still no joy. Please see attached screen shot.

chelseaphil

Mysql is version 10.2.18-MariaDB and MyISAM

Sir Osis of Liver

Who is your host?  I've worked on a couple of forums where it was impossible to upgrade large database on host server, had to do it on my server and move it back.  Upgrade should run in MariaDB, unless it's badly configured.  If you need assistance, pm forum link and cpanel access, I'l try to get to it tonight (today's going to be a very long day :P).  I'm on NY time.

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

chelseaphil

pickaweb.co.uk are the hosts will PM you info. Many thanks.

chelseaphil

Firstly I would like to thank Sir Osis of Liver for their fantastic support in getting me upgraded. Without that help I would have been still using 1.1.21.

I do have one minor issue though. In 1.1.21 i was using Dilber MC theme. That allowed me to add  HTML code to be displayed at the top right:
and also add HTML code to be displayed below user info bar. I have changed themes to give the forum a more modern look to Curve Multi Colour. But it does not have the facility to add the HTML code as above. Any Idea if I can still have this? Thanks

Looking

Advertisement: