News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Step 6 new installation failures

Started by philmc_webgeek, November 12, 2018, 05:02:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Illori

philmc_webgeek

Thanks for the link to beta 4.  Followed the instructions in the post.  Install proceeded without errors.  Database structure looks like it was all created fine. members table shows my admin user was created. The test forum is at http://scratch.serara.org/forum/index.php. [nofollow]

I was unable to login to the admin account that was created with the install.  Error was:
Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again.

This is the same error as previous installs.  Quit browser and connected again to try a fresh session. Same error. I looked as the sessions table.  Do see one entry.  Session_id field contained this value:
il78sf1q2b315ucdlvu899qjvt3dqeg43ogeebsi6diftet0l0tq4qtgeo37a9nuntq7d5fomkgtn7l68i4jstd33p28t4smol0aae1

Open for suggestions...

vbgamer45

I would try disabling database driven sessions and see if that helps mentioned on previous page a database setting to try.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

shawnb61

I'd also try clearing the cookies for that site.
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

philmc_webgeek

Thanks for the replies.
Cleared cookies and history, no joy.
Made the edit to the smf_settings table:set databaseSession_enable = 0
Was able to login.  Test Post worked.  Logged and and in again, worked.  So it would appear there has been a fix since beta3.  I presume more work is needed to fix this database table session issue...
I will do some testing of the upgrade process on a copy of an existing forum to beta 4 shortly.

albertlast

Since ther is no one how report the issue and analyze it,
the issue will be never solved.

shawnb61

Beta 3 is quite old, unfortunately,  with lots of fixes since.

I would focus all testing on the current gh version.
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

philmc_webgeek

I should point out that my last round of testing was beta 4.  If there is a way to get more current builds from github, I would need a pointer to that process. I'll report on the beta4 upgrade process shortly. Thanks.

Kindred

the code from github is currently marked "beta 4" even though there will never be an actual beta4 release...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

lurkalot

Quote from: philmc_webgeek on November 21, 2018, 12:56:12 PM
I should point out that my last round of testing was beta 4.  If there is a way to get more current builds from github, I would need a pointer to that process. I'll report on the beta4 upgrade process shortly. Thanks.

This might help, https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=558451.0

Advertisement: