News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

TopFirstPost

Started by alikman1379, November 13, 2018, 03:05:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alikman1379

Hi, guys!

I need your help concerning a TopFirstPost mod. I tried to upgrade a smf 2.0.15 and everything looked fine except for this mod. After I had installed it all the messages in themes gone. During installation it gives me some errors which I tried to modify in Display.php and Display.Template.php according to the shown errors. But still no result.
I also contacted Ivan Manida, an author of this mode, and he advised me to ask a php programer for a help. I have found some guys but they want me to pay them about $100 I think it is ridiculous.
If someone can help me with it I will high appreciate.

Arantor

For the record, $100 will buy you roughly one hour of a good developer's time...

alikman1379

Quote from: Arantor on November 13, 2018, 04:49:09 AM
For the record, $100 will buy you roughly one hour of a good developer's time...

Yes. For me it is big money. This money enough to pay for 5 year hosting I have. I pay about 1360 Russian Rubles for 1 year hosting or $21. Therefore, it is almost 5 years. Actually I don't really need this mod but it would be nice to have installed it.

Arantor

I'm just pointing out that hiring someone competent to fix this is not cheap because that's the reality that getting someone who has studied this stuff for years expects to be paid for it.

But when the author of a mod says you should find someone else to fix it, don't use it at all.

alikman1379

Quote from: Arantor on November 13, 2018, 05:10:11 AM

But when the author of a mod says you should find someone else to fix it, don't use it at all.

Yes, you are right. I can run my forum without this mod. The author of this mod Ivan Manida, a Russian guy who lives in Canada now. I found him in LinkedIn and contacted him to help me. But instead of it he suggested me to find someone who has a php skills  :)

digger

Quote from: alikman1379 on November 13, 2018, 05:32:13 AM
Quote from: Arantor on November 13, 2018, 05:10:11 AM

Yes, you are right. I can run my forum without this mod. The author of this mod Ivan Manida, a Russian guy who lives in Canada now. I found him in LinkedIn and contacted him to help me. But instead of it he suggested me to find someone who has a php skills  :)
Do you have latest mod version installed? https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=4144
Why you don't post to the mod support thread? If you don't need free support I can do a paid help for you, so I am this mod maintainer for now.

P.S. Ivan Manida is author of other mod - Sticky First Post.

Advertisement: