Please Help! Unable to load Themes/default/index.template.php!

Started by Jarhead0331, November 16, 2018, 05:08:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

So I recently migrated my website from one account to another through my host at Go Daddy. Our website has a main page built with wordpress and then in a separate database, a forum built with SMF. The migration broke the forum.

When trying to load it, I receive the error:

Unable to load Themes/default/index.template.php!

However, when going into the database, the index.template.php file is there. Additionally, I have tried running the /repair_settings.php file, but for some reason, it will not let me save any changes I try to make. Each time I save settings, I receive a "The connection was reset" error. This happens on multiple machines across three different states.

Go Daddy has been of absolutely no help and they are basically claiming, "we just pick things up and put them down". I have six years of content that is completely inaccessible, over 1,000 members and businesses that rely on my forum. Help!

By the way, I'm learning this on the fly. I'm not the most sophisticated when it comes to this stuff, so please be gentle.

Sorry if I put this in the wrong forum.

Thanks in advance.

Looking

First, the mention of "Godaddy" as far as hosting goes is not very favorable for you. Then I think that the place you uploaded the files is not correct.

To fix someone will need to go in there and set it all correct assuming you made a proper backup from your last account as this cannot be taught if you are now learning and want to get it up quickly. I sent you a PM if you need paid help.

Sir Osis of Liver

Files are not in the database, they're two separate things.  If you have a good backup of your database, content is not lost.  If you're expecting GoDaddy support to assist you, you're most certainly lost. :P  Not uncommon for GD to trash a forum when migrating servers, and in some cases they've destroyed databases with no backup.  If you need assistance, pm access to your GD account, I'll have a look tonight.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: