News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Convert 1.1.8 SMF Forum to 2.0.15 (Newest Version)

Started by themekings, November 21, 2018, 02:47:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

themekings

OK, here we go.....

Need some help from the experts here. I'm to the point I could poke my own eyes out. :)

I have an old SMF forum ( 1.1.8 ) that was hosted by Godaddy that I deleted about 4 years ago. I did backup and download the database before doing so that is now saved as a .sql file

I'm now trying to rebuild the forum using the saved database, but with no luck. I've download the complete 1.1.8 version of SMF as a fresh install with a new database with Godaddy as the host, but when it goes to build the tables it crashes the site. (i.e. forum)

I believe (suspect) that maybe the 1.1.8 forum is not compatible with PHP 5.0 or 5.5 and that is the issue.

I've also uploaded the last copy (root folder) of this old forum that I saved and tried to just create a new database, restored the old database in phpmyadmin, and changed the connection strings, but that has failed too.

My Question: Is it possible that I can restore my old forum ( 1.1.8 ) at all since I have all the old files (i.e. database and old root files)?

Here is what the site looked before I deleted it: https://web.archive.org/web/20131116052302/http://policelounge.com/lounge/

Reason I'm doing this is that I had a few friends who contributed to this site pass away, and it would be nice to read old post they made.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.  ;)

themekings

By the way, I dont mind paying someone to help. It be worth that much. I'll shoot someone $20.00 via paypal if they can provide the info that allows me to successfully restore this. I'll do the work myself, I'm pretty good with doing this stuff, just hung up on this one.

vbgamer45

What I suggest is grab the install SMF 2.0.13 then grab large database package upgrade for SMF 2.0.13 since that works best with PHP 5.5 and less.
And upload that to your site.
Then replace database with your back file.
Then run the upgrade.php to change it to SMF 2.0.x format
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

themekings

When you say:

QuoteThen replace database with your back file.

Do you mean go into myphpadmin and delete the related database, then import the .sql file that I have?

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

themekings

OK, give me about 10 minutes and I'll follow up shortly ;) Thx buddy! If this works, I'll get your paypal email and send you some money for the help ;) Means a lot!

themekings

OK, have it up:

http://policelounge.com/lounge/index.php

I'm going into myphpadmin and take a Screenshot of the DB I think you want me to delete... 1 moment

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

vbgamer45

just delete the tables inside it not the whole database.
Then once you drop the tables.
Click on the database and then select the import tab to upload the sql

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

themekings

Received this error:

http://342ft.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/error.jpg

I dropped all table files inside that database that was circled (was successful) > selected database > click import tab > selected my .sql file > Hit go  and got that error

themekings

I tried not using UTF as well and got a diff error, but that didnt work either (just fyi)

vbgamer45

Take out the create database line in .sql file that you are importing. Since you are already inside a database

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

themekings

themekings

I opened in notepad and found:

--CREATE DATABASE `DATABASE NAME HERE` (removed the DB name)

Remove that line?

vbgamer45

Yes remove that line.

And there might be a use database line below that.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

themekings

themekings

I downloaded RazerSQL, def can read it better than on notepad.... trying again

Advertisement: