News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Convert 1.1.8 SMF Forum to 2.0.15 (Newest Version)

Started by themekings, November 21, 2018, 02:47:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

themekings

Here are the 2 lines i deleted:

http://342ft.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/sqldelete-1.jpg

Lines 22 and 23

Live site now gives this error: Table 'policeLoungeXX.smf_settings' doesn't exist

vbgamer45

Are all your database have the prefix of smf_ inside the database?

And does the smf_settings table exist in your database after it was imported?
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

themekings

They do have the smf_ prefix but I see no settings table. Only 18 tables are in there now

themekings

vbgamer45

Hmm hopefully your backup file is complete. Open the backfile in notepad and see if it ends with a smf_topics table it should be in that file.
If the backup file was made from SMF it could be incomplete
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

themekings

OK, i drop those last files and tried this......

I went into godaddys backend and Restore a backup version of my database in their system and now it gave me all these files:

http://342ft.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/success3.jpg

vbgamer45

That looks perfect.
Yeah now just grab the large upgrade package to upgrade your site.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

themekings

Do I upload the zip file in the forum root, and extract it there?

vbgamer45

Or just upload the contents of zip file to the forum root. Make sure it is the large upgrade package for 2.0.13

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

themekings

Downloaded (smf_2-0-13_upgrade) and Uploaded ZIP to root file and extracted there, overwriting files and folders, and still not wanting to work. :(

Man I appreciate the help. Not sure what to do from here.

Got file from here: https://download.simplemachines.org/index.php?thanks;filename=smf_2-0-13_upgrade.zip

vbgamer45

Download and upload the repair settings tool
What is repair_settings.php?

We are going to change paths on your web host.
Mainly make sure all file paths start with /home/content/23/12305423/html/POLICE/lounge/

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

themekings

Getting these 2 error messages when i open the repair_settings.php;

Notice: Undefined index: database_error in /home/content/23/12305423/html/POLICE/lounge/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php on line 594

Fatal error: Call to undefined function allowedTo() in /home/content/23/12305423/html/POLICE/lounge/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php on line 595

Here is those lines in that file:

$context['error_title'] = $txt['database_error'];
if (allowedTo('admin_forum'))

vbgamer45

Hmm open your settings.php file and make sure the file paths start with  /home/content/23/12305423/html/POLICE/lounge/
I would do the same with the smf_themes table and smf_settings table if the repair settings tool doesn't work.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

themekings

As well as the settings.php file. That direct URL is correct there too

vbgamer45

Strange do you have it working now? I can visit your site. Checked upgrade.php says missing file from sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

themekings

Nahh, I went in and deleted those lines and got it to work, but no categories showed. Send me your paypal email and I'll send you some money. Maybe we can work on it tomorrow and I'll hook you up with more money ;) I feel like we are getting close.

Sir Osis of Liver

You're not going to be able to upgrade directly from 1.1.8 -> 2.0.15.  You'll have to up to 1.1.21, then to 2.0.15, and it will require juggling php versions to do it.  Doesn't help that you're on GoDaddy. :P
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

themekings

ANSWER HERE:

OK here is what I did and it works;  (Using Godaddy Hosting)

1. I installed fresh version of 2.0.13 SMF using PHP version 5.0
2. I then logged into myphpadmin and dumped all the tables associated with forum database. (65 total table files in this install)
3. Using Godaddy, I opened MySQL in the control panel of my hosting site and found my database associated to my new forum.
4. I then clicked the "actions" button by this database and selected "Restore". It asked me to select my backup, and I found the old SQL file for this forum (4 years old) and installed it.
5. I then uploaded the 1.1.12 Large Upgrade zip file into the new forums root directory and extracted the contents there using Godaddys File Manger.
6. I then opened the Upgrade PHP in my web browser associated to this forum and followed the instructions. After 5 seconds it was done.
7. The upgrade php file then will delete all the upgrade files you dont need, you can then click to see the forum. WOW! FINALLY! It works again!

Advertisement: