List of every possible parameter to different pages?

Started by franksalinas, November 24, 2018, 06:53:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

franksalinas

Parameters that can be passed to any pages like :

?wap, ?imode

Some to just topics like :

?topicseen

Others like :

?action=printpage

I couldn't find them in the docs. Is there somewhere with an extensive list that explains what each argument does? Thanks.

Kindred

No, there is no such list...

I guess that You can look at the action list in index.php
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

franksalinas

Quote from: Kindred on November 24, 2018, 07:02:33 PM
No, there is no such list...

I guess that You can look at the action list in index.php

Hmm, thanks for the quick answer.

If I can't get a list of everything to try and work through it myself, could you help me with the fastest way to scrape a forum for example? An admin gave me permission to send as many requests to his forum, and I would like to create a bot to help with some specific features.

I learned about wap mode and ?action=printpage, (even though it's limited to 20 pages..) they could be very handy in massively speeding up the efficiency of the scraping tool. Would you know other things I might need that could facilitate data extraction? Anything you can think of is welcome! Thanks again.

Arantor

There is a truly enormous list of all such permutations..

If you're scraping, why not just get a copy of the database and do what you need to with that?

Kindred

Yeah,there is no good way to scrape like that... but if you have permission, then just get the data straight from the database tables
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

franksalinas

I'm just a member of those forums :) Permission is more like "Yeah sure whatever", rather than the admins actively assisting me with my tool. So no access to the posts DB I'm afraid..

I simply thought to ask here because there may be some actions or parameters that return something more developer friendly, I already coded a part that retrieves every post of a user, while removing everything he quotes from other users.

Right now what I'd like would be :
Being able to very quickly go through posts of a specific topic, ?action=printpage would be perfect if it wasn't limited to 20 pages
Being able to list a lot of topics of a specific board?
Maybe different format than html?

I don't know really, I CAN make my tool work with pure html, but it wasn't easy parsing it. So yeah, again, I'm looking for anything that could improve my quality of life

Kindred

Not really...   the system is not designed to do what you are trying to do...
Слaва
Украинi

Arantor

Lets start with a better question. Instead of fixating on how you need to do something, what is your end goal? What are you, overall, trying to achieve?

Advertisement: