News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

[colour] tags?

Started by Black Wolf, November 11, 2005, 11:47:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Wolf

I'm part of a community that's recently shifted from vB to SMF, and on the old board we had [colour] tags in addition to [color] tags. I've been trying to get the admins to add the proper spelling to the new board as well, but I've been told it's impossible. Frankly, that strikes me as somewhat unlikely, so I'd like to know if it is, in fact, impossible, or even complex? If not, is there any chance that someone might be able to knock something together so that I could present it to the admin type fellow?

TBH, I can't see it being particularly difficult, but I've learned from long association with coders (among others) not to expect the degree of ease of anything to be proportional to the degree of apparent ease.

[EDIT]Sorted :). We edited subs.php, copied and pasted the [color] entry and altered it to [colour]. seems to work on the test board, now just awaiting its inclusion onto the other board.

'Pologies for the burlywood text earlier BTW - I didn't reealize how hard to read it would be on a white BG.[/EDIT]

Advertisement: